Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Go Kart Chassis
Calzonii

posted on 10/4/15 at 12:55 AM Reply With Quote
Go Kart Chassis

Just got a go kart chassis off my dads mate. So i am looking to build it into some sort of functioning kart for absolutely no budget of around £150 for a rip around my garden.

It is literally just a chassis and steering column so I will need every other part!! A tall order but im hoping someone knows someplace I could get a cheap donor kart?? Or even where to get cheap 2nd hand kart part?.

It matters not the condition as long as they work. Ill try to attach a photo of the kart if anyone has any knowledge and would be able to tell me what type of kart chassis it is that would be great. There is no brand on it only a VIN number: 628 T2.

Thanks!

Calzonii

posted on 10/4/15 at 01:04 AM Reply With Quote
Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

wombat

posted on 10/4/15 at 06:27 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure on the make, but think you will find that is a Class 1 chassis for 100cc engines.
kj

posted on 10/4/15 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
1 question, How big is your garden?

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

Calzonii

posted on 10/4/15 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
Gardens about 3 acres.. Used to have an old buggy with an engine that i ripped about in! Its still got imprints of a track around it lol.

Whats a class 1 chassis wombat? Would you have any other information on it?

Tiger Super Six

posted on 10/4/15 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
That's a really old chassis as it doesn't have the mountings for the side pod etc. I would guess you are going to stuggle for parts as it's going to be trial and error and your best bet would be e-bay, so you might end up buying bits that are no good.

I would think you're better going on ebay and buying a rolling chassis from there.

Mark

Tiger Avon

tims31

posted on 10/4/15 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
It would probably be cheaper in the long run to just buy a used running kart than trying to get that one usable. Have a look on UK Karting website. Probably loads of Karts for sale that would work out cheaper than trying to kit this one out.

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

Fred W B

posted on 10/4/15 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
Plus keep in mind that, unless your garden track is very flat and hard, or you put bigger than kart size wheels on it, the minimal ground clearance will mean that karts are not ideal offroad.

And if you fit bigger wheels typical kart motors and drive trains will not have suitable gear ratios.

But dont let us put you off, I used a very similar chassis to make THIS

Cheers

Fred W B

[Edited on 10/4/15 by Fred W B]

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

big_wasa

posted on 14/4/15 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
We trashed the frame on ours they, don't stand up well to farm use The cost of making a frame makes buying a full kart and saving the hassle an appealing option.

[Edited on 14/4/15 by big_wasa]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.