Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zzr 1100 running problems
stephen.holdcroft

posted on 24/4/15 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
zzr 1100 running problems

Hi, managed to get my car into my own garage after 4 years been stuck in my mums. It is a self build 7 type with a zzr1100 engine. Managed to get it started with carb cleaner and new fuel and lots of easystart. Now the bad bit, starts now with choke and full throttle and then runs ok on tickover. Rev it and it instantly dies, checked all plugs by taken them off one by one and it stalls, when each one has its lead pulled off, so spark must be good. Could it be blocked jets or a fuel supply issue. I have just changed the fuel pump to a zzr fuel pump as the one that was on seemed to overpower the float valves and fuel would come out of the clear air pipes on the carbs. Help
K13JOB

posted on 24/4/15 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
As you already suspect, it is s most likely fuel delivery (or lack of it) that causes engines to idle but die on load. As the car has been sitting for several years the jets are likely to be clogged up with fuel wax, or dirt.

Was the car running well before the lay up with the original fuel pump, also are you using a swirl pot to gravity feed the carbs as would have been on the bike?

stephen.holdcroft

posted on 24/4/15 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, No i have not got a swirl pot, does this have to be higher then the carbs, not much room in enginge bay. were can i get on if needed. It ran ok on other pump till lay up but now floods carbs.
K13JOB

posted on 24/4/15 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stephen.holdcroft
Hi, No i have not got a swirl pot, does this have to be higher then the carbs, not much room in enginge bay. were can i get on if needed. It ran ok on other pump till lay up but now floods carbs.

Looks like you have answered your own question, if nothing else changed and timing etc. ok then the carbs are probably gummed up, float valve, jets etc.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.