Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which Oil in R1
Kev99

posted on 24/5/15 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
Which Oil in R1

Hi all

I'm running an R1 08 engine
The problem i get is on Track only it breathes very heavy from the crank case breather
Im running an oil separator ATM to help off the crank case breather to the catch tank

Can anyone recommend an oil to help with this ?

Also Ive seen post the odd post about running the crank case outlet to the cam cover AIS valve then the other to the catch tank Has this worked?

As stated its only on track when pushing hard all the time that i get this little problem
The Engine as had the cam cover mod done and running a baffle plate

Kev........

[Edited on 24-5-15 by Kev99]

adithorp

posted on 24/5/15 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
Confused... you say it has the cam cover mod? That is usually to AIS valve housing modified to use as a breather and T'd together with the gearbox breather, then into the catch tank.

My experience is with the earlier 5vy (04-06) and that has cured the issue. Used to breath very badly on track but never since the breather mod.

I've used Valvoline 4T fully syn which was OK but used to froth at high revs. Silkoline Comp4, good and no issues. Currently using Motul V300 on recommendation of the engine builder, brilliant but expensive.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Kev99

posted on 24/5/15 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
Cam Cover mod Ive done is just blocking up holes and re-drilling them below the AIS valve housing

I didn't move the breather pipe to the AIS valve housing should i of done this ?

adithorp

posted on 24/5/15 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Normal mod is...

Remove cam cover, under AIS caps, remove reed valves and discard, block holes to exhaust ports, drill through from valve housing to cam side (at lower edge when fitted so any oil drains back in), refit caps (I put some gauze inside the AIS housing just to condense oil vapour on), run breather pipes from outlets on caps to T into the pipe from the gearbox breather then run that to a catch tank.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Kev99

posted on 24/5/15 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
will do that thanks

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.