Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Injection fuel filter....
Dave Bailey

posted on 25/5/15 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
Injection fuel filter....

I have noticed that after a few months my fuel pressure starts to drop off... Turns out that my cleanable filter is getting blocked up... So the question is what micron filter should I be using to ensure I don't damage the fuel system and block the injectors... I am not sure what size filter is currently fitted but I plan to fit a bigger sytec one...

Thanks
Dave B

DW100

posted on 25/5/15 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
What's it blocked with?

Perhaps you need to clean your fuel tank out, its not normal for any filter to need cleaning that often

Dave Bailey

posted on 25/5/15 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
The tank is clean but pretty sure the filter is too small and the element is 10 micron...

Dave B

rusty nuts

posted on 25/5/15 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
I've never been a fan of cleanable filters , your better off fitting a decent filter and changing on a regular basis
BaileyPerformance

posted on 26/5/15 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
We use jag v12 filters, can be used for carb and injection (after pump)
Nice large filter, 8mm pipe barbs, high flow and cheap!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Smoking Frog

posted on 26/5/15 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like the cleanable filter is doing a good job. With debris in the tank you only have two choices. Flush the tank or keep cleaning the filter until all the crap is filtered out.
zetec

posted on 26/5/15 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
I used to run two filters, one either side of the pump. You must have crap coming from the tank or filler neck as in 13 years and 10k miles I never had any issues...pre pump was a cleanable filter and post a Vauxhall Omega, as with Jag, comes with 8mm connectors.

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

coozer

posted on 26/5/15 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
I used a bike filter before the pump then an injection pump after. Went to Halfords and looked through them all and picked a one with the right size fittings.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.