Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sh*tty week - mostly eBay related....
Charlie_Zetec

posted on 28/5/15 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
Sh*tty week - mostly eBay related....

Well despite being a short week, somehow things are still going wrong! And the more I look at it, the more I realise that the source of most of my frustration leads back to the ever-popular online auction site.

Firstly, I bought some new tyres for the Defender, and made a "best offer" on a set of 5. All agreed, money exchanged (via Paypal), and things were left to me to arrange a courier. I arranged uplift of the items, and in accordance with the prior agreement with the seller, he labelled the tyres for me. Courier come in, (2 days later than they claim), collects all 5, then takes them back to the hub. 2 get booked out straight from Southampton to Basildon, 2 go to Basildon via Hatfield, and the fifth leaves Southampton never to be seen again.

I opened a dispute with Parcels2Go (although the actual haulier was YODEL), but they keep rejecting my claim as they will not pay out for a like-for-like replacement, despite me paying extra to insure the items at market value rather than what I paid for them. They are claiming that only a bank statement of Paypal receipt is allowed as proof. So now I've had to threaten Small Claims Court action to recover all costs, despite them acknowledging being at fault.

Next, I ordered a set of stubby ratchet spanners as a little treat for myself. Advertised as Sealey, the items that arrive are Siegen (a subsidiary) and their budget-end stuff. Seller now rejects my request to return them for a refund stating that Siegen is owned by Sealey, therefore he has done no wrong. You wouldn't purchase a Panasonic TV online from Currys and then accept an LG model would you, so why does he think he can get away with it?

And lastly the DVLA. I don't need to elaborate too much, but they've just returned transfer request for a personalised plate to me for the 5th time, despite me following the instructions to the dot. They run a system whereby any error (from our side or theirs) automatically rejects the process, and they send all documents back to you rather than use common sense and use the telephone number you provide on the forms. Sent complaint letter to them and the CEO as it's getting silly now.

My theory is this; if everyone did what they were meant or supposed to do, or even near to, things would go so much smoother in life. Is it too much to ask???

Rant over (for now).

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

big_wasa

posted on 28/5/15 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
The Sealey / siegen switcharoo on eBay is common. I can only get stuff reliably delivered in the school holidays so I bought a turbo manifold described as perfect to find it was cracked and a turbo fuel rail to find the regulator had been "upgraded" to a standard one.
PSpirine

posted on 28/5/15 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
If everyone did what they're meant to, all of us project managers would be out of a job.
02GF74

posted on 28/5/15 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
173,000 people will have died today. You are not one of them although there are still 5 hours to go so it aint that bad is it.

Re tyre. Courier will pay what they are worth, and that amount is what you paid. If you can prove you paid more, then they will presumably pay that. Dont see why they should pay full rrp as when you pay for the service you declare cost..... and i am guessing proof of cost will be required to prevent fraud.

Re dvla trg dealing with ukmail to get a parcel redeliverd arrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

robinj66

posted on 28/5/15 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
Re tyre. Courier will pay what they are worth, and that amount is what you paid. If you can prove you paid more, then they will presumably pay that. Dont see why they should pay full rrp as when you pay for the service you declare cost..... and i am guessing proof of cost will be required to prevent fraud.

No.

They should pay out all the losses incurred and that might well include having to buy a tyre at the rrp (unless they can provide a satisfactory one at a lesser cost)

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 29/5/15 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by robinj66
quote:

No.

They should pay out all the losses incurred and that might well include having to buy a tyre at the rrp (unless they can provide a satisfactory one at a lesser cost)

I paid an extra insurance charge to ensure that the items were covered at full market value - therefore what I paid for them is irrelevant, as their value was that of direct replacement. Although I have given them the option to source a direct replacement and deliver to me, then just rebate the shipping and insurance cost of a single tyre. I've tried to be fair and am not trying to lift anyones' leg here, I just want my bl00dy tyre so that I can have the spare back again!

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 29/5/15 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PSpirine
If everyone did what they're meant to, all of us project managers would be out of a job.

Haha, I have to be careful about what I reply to this as SWMBO works as a manager at the local County Council!!

killerferret666

posted on 29/5/15 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie_Zetec
quote:
Originally posted by robinj66
quote:

No.

I paid an extra insurance charge to ensure that the items were covered at full market value - therefore what I paid for them is irrelevant, as their value was that of direct replacement. Although I have given them the option to source a direct replacement and deliver to me, then just rebate the shipping and insurance cost of a single tyre. I've tried to be fair and am not trying to lift anyones' leg here, I just want my bl00dy tyre so that I can have the spare back again!

Does it state full market value. I bet you the terms and conditions determine this to be price paid if it did say full market value.

Either way the market value of those tyres you bought is the price you paid. You bought in the market at that price. Sorry to say.

Be like buying a Tv off Amazon when discounted, lost in delivery and going I want full RRP refund back as not on discount now. Never going to happen. You'll get the money you paid.

Building DDR GT4

Miami Gt4 Blog - Click Here

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.