Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luego Velocity Project
Shandylegs

posted on 1/6/15 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
Luego Velocity Project

I bought this from another forum user (Browser) approximately 16months ago as a long term project. It’s been so much of a long term project that I’ve done absolutely nothing with it since collecting, save a couple of purchases.

I'm currently up to my neck in building work and as this is soon to drop to number three on the to do list, I thought I’d see if there was anyone with plenty of time on their hands and a smaller wallet than seems to be the norm these days.

Good Bits
- The kit is more or less unstarted which is good news as what had been done is shocking (Not Browsers work)
- Full set of unused fiberglass panels and ali side panels powder coated to match
- All wishbones and bushes
- A decent set of AVO Coilovers to fit (Bough secondhand but refurbished)
- Comes with Sierra front hubs, diff and shafts. Shafts have been cut and sleeved (Shortened on the Velocity) but not yet welded
- MT75 gearbox and prop to suit
- Rear drums and vented disks (Front calipers will probably want a refurb) handbrake & cable
- Windscreen
- Re-packable silencer made my 907 on here
- Wiring loom
- Sierra steering column, new rack and radiator
- Ali tank and sender
- Build wheels

Bad bits - Yes there are some
- Previously the frame spent some time outside. Anyone who has owned a Luego knows how bad the powder coating was from the factory. Water has got into the footwells and has done it’s worst. Floor pans need removing to fully assess, but at worst it will need some of the tubes replacing.
- Not a deal else really other than everything needs a good clean back and paint.

It is what it is (a kit that has been stood for many years) and isn’t just a couple of weekends work. But saying that, there that comes with some bits to get you well down the road.

Price – £890.

As a last resort I would consider splitting but would need the frame and panels to have gone first

Uploader seems to be playing up at the moment so there are a few pictures in Photobucket

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

rayward

posted on 2/6/15 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
U2U sent ,

Cheers
Ray

Shandylegs

posted on 3/6/15 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Bttt for the first and last time.
Andybarbet

posted on 3/6/15 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck with the sale, if you do end up having to split I might be interested in the coilovers & fuel tank.

Cheers

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.