Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: win 7 ultimate 64 bit
02GF74

posted on 25/6/15 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
win 7 ultimate 64 bit

Dont suppose anyone got a win 7 64 bit activation product key going cheap?

I can get 32 bit going on dell laptop but installing 64 bit version it wont play ball.

Just to clarify.
I have dell cd for win 7 ult 32 bit, this installs fine and does not ask for product key presumably dell cd for dell laptop.

Last night made a bootable usb and intalled win 7 ult 64 on a drive and pretty sure my existing key was ok. It may that there already was win 7 installred, wad a used drive and i did notice there were 3 windows folders, two of which were my installs - i did not remove usb when laptop rebooted.

Today i formatted the hd and cannot get the prod key to work.

[Edited on 25/6/15 by 02GF74]

sheepish0001

posted on 26/6/15 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
I've just been through a very similar experience, I bought a key off ebay in Germany for 10 euros and it was a digital delivery,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Windows-7-Ultimate-Win-32-64-Bit-OEM-Product-Key-Versand-per-Postbrief-/291470300950?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item43d cfbd716

Maybe something like that would work.

They generally come with a link to the iso so you can make a bootable disk, if it is ultimate even if you install in German you can change in the control panel because it is ultimate

loggyboy

posted on 26/6/15 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure if it differs for ultimate, but my ebay purchased Win 7 Pro license was for 32 and 64, you just choose your install file as 32 or 64 and used the key.
However mine was a fresh install of a never used license.

Assuming you have used the key for a 32 bit install already you may need to deactivate the old one.

Google reveals this:

Click Start, type: CMD
Right click CMD
Click Run as administrator
At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk

Hit Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer and set it back to trial mode, you are now free to use it on another computer.

Mistral Motorsport

dubzter

posted on 26/6/15 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
Dont suppose anyone got a win 7 64 bit activation product key going cheap?

I can get 32 bit going on dell laptop but installing 64 bit version it wont play ball.

Just to clarify.
I have dell cd for win 7 ult 32 bit, this installs fine and does not ask for product key presumably dell cd for dell laptop.

Last night made a bootable usb and intalled win 7 ult 64 on a drive and pretty sure my existing key was ok. It may that there already was win 7 installred, wad a used drive and i did notice there were 3 windows folders, two of which were my installs - i did not remove usb when laptop rebooted.

Today i formatted the hd and cannot get the prod key to work.

[Edited on 25/6/15 by 02GF74]

Maybe a daft question but is your hardware 64bit compatible?

Locost Builders Build Thread

02GF74

posted on 27/6/15 at 07:05 AM Reply With Quote
No daft at all. Yes, laptop is 64 bit comoatibke and i hadgot win 7 64 bit installed after installing win 7 32 bit.... but wanted to regain the disk space by formatting and installing 64 bit .... which i now am regetting doing.

I dont understand why i could install it previously using the same product key but not now.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.