Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Supercharged 4agze
Doc

posted on 4/12/04 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
Supercharged 4agze

Has anyone used a supercharged 4agze? If so where did you put the intercooler as it sits on top of the engine in its original installation. Did you cut a big hole or front mount it?
These engines appear remarkably good value with 165bhp and 155lbft of torque as standard. What are the downsides?
Would you mate it to a type 9 box or would you use a Toyota box (T50?) in a locost?

paulbeyer

posted on 5/12/04 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Doc,

I have installed a standard 4AGE in my indy. I cant help with the supercharging bit but I have connected to a type 9 box using an adaptor bell housing from Raw Engineering.

I'm in Bristol if you want to take a look.

Paul

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

r3nuf

posted on 5/12/04 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Doc,

Not sure where you would install the intercooler.

You would definitely be best to connect to a Type 9 using either a bellhousing from RAW or Fensport.

When i spoke to Mel at RAW on Thursday, he told me that they are currently working on a Turbo conversion for the 4AGZE, which will pump out over 200bhp.

Do you have an engine?, if not , u2u me and i will put you in touch with someone that i know has one at the moment.

Cheers

Gary

Drive Fast....Brake Late....Take Chances

Dreckly

posted on 6/12/04 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
Supercharged 4AGZE

HI Doc,

From memory Richard at OMEX has a 4AGZE in his Sylva Pheonix which was under-going serious development work. However, this was probably over 6 months ago and he may no longer have the car. If you speak either Mel or Martin at RAW, they should be able to tell you more due to their close links with OMEX.
My personal preference is the 20valve 4AGE phase 4 silver top, and my development engine has 200bhp cams in it. This was to go in a GTS but it will now find it's way into my "UltiMini" spaceframed Mini project!!

Regards.
Ken (Milestone Motorsport Eng.)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
darren(SA)

posted on 8/12/04 at 06:29 AM Reply With Quote
I put a post up a while ago, and will seriously consider this engine in my next build due to the large potential,

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=3426

hope you can find something useful!

cheers darren

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
darren(SA)

posted on 8/12/04 at 06:47 AM Reply With Quote
just another quick one,

Intercooler, you could proberly get away without one, as the intake is not travelling through a hot turbo, intercooler would help for sure tho.

darren

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.