Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Idle Issue
wrxseeker

posted on 13/7/15 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
Idle Issue

My car is fitted with a Sierra 2.0 8V DOHC with the stock engine management and injection.

Recently when starting from cold the idle has been going to around 1800rpm before dropping back down - if you then blip the throttle, the idle sticks again before dropping.

This carries on until the engine is warm and the ignition has been swiched off once - it then idles perfectly as it always did.

If you disconnect the ISCV wire when its doing the high rev thing it idles at normal idle even when cold.

I think the ISCV is working ok but something is telling it to hold the revs high - any ideas what is what ?

I think it started doing it after fitting a new alterantor belt but cant be sure exactly when it started.

Thanks

BaileyPerformance

posted on 13/7/15 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Check the TPS is working correctly.
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dingz

posted on 13/7/15 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Take the Idle control valve off and give it a good clean out with carb cleaner or similar.

Phoned the local ramblers club today, but the bloke who answered just
went on and on.

big_wasa

posted on 13/7/15 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
As above, I'd should stall dead with out it connected.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.