Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MX5 Mk 2 1.6 wiring diagram
ianhurley20

posted on 14/7/15 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
MX5 Mk 2 1.6 wiring diagram

I am at the stage where I am trying to fit the MX5 wiring loom to my Haynes Roadster. I'm using everything the car came with as standard. Standard transponder key, ignition switches, ecu fuel pump injectors switches instruments - the lot. |I've been trying to remove everything that I didn't want - air bag wiring, radio wiring air con wiring (the car didn't have it but it did have the wiring.
I now find that it would be REALLY useful to have a proper wiring diagram and ecu pinout diagram. I have tried searching and can find Miata stuff and Mk 1 diagrams but not Mk 2.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Slimy38

posted on 15/7/15 at 05:10 AM Reply With Quote
Miata is just the Mazda name in the states, similar to Eunos for Japanese. I would hope the wiring diagram is the same for all mark 2's?

I only have mark 1 info unfortunately, as you've found out it's pretty easy to get mark 1 stuff.

garyt

posted on 15/7/15 at 06:35 AM Reply With Quote
hi had the very same problem and good luck
google 2003 Miata wiring diagram and go to the mellens.net link its a pdf, save to your pc
there are heaps of "double runs" aswell so I got it all running and then cut a few wires and check it still runs, repeat , repeat, its a long haul but makes sure you don't chop out something you need, one thing to note is you have to keep the instrument light dimmer to have instrument lights , I tried to do without it but gave up in the end...
If I can be of any help just shout, Gary

here's a link

http://www.mellens.net/mazda/mazda_miata_extra_manual/2003_wiring.pdf

[Edited on 15/7/15 by garyt]

remember we are not mad just creatively insane !!!!!

rdodger

posted on 15/7/15 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.yorbalindamiata.com/wiring.html

I used these on mine.

I found them highly accurate. I think the only thing was the alternator circuit as on the MK2 it's controlled by the ECU.

ianhurley20

posted on 15/7/15 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, just what I need - and thanks Garyt for the dimmer tip, I was going to try and lose that one so glad I didn't try.

regards
Ian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.