Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: pissed off !!!
nick-york

posted on 21/8/15 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
pissed off !!!

I m starting to get really pissed off now ! I ve been trying to upload photos into my photo archive but it won t let me !Ive been trying on my i phone and on screen it comes up with something like " if you think that sorry should be a file name contact chris ". so i thought maybe it'll be easier on the laptop ! Then it comes up with some crap like filenames must contain letters , " : ' . or something like that !! Why can't it be easy !!?? Can somebody please tell me whats happening please ? cheers - nick
gremlin1234

posted on 21/8/15 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
there certainly used to be an oddity on this site where all the photo names had to be unique, (even between different users) so there could only be one called pic1.jpg.- so try prefixing your username before the filename.
nick-york

posted on 21/8/15 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gremlin1234
there certainly used to be an oddity on this site where all the photo names had to be unique, (even between different users) so there could only be one called pic1.jpg.- so try prefixing your username before the filename.
hi ! i ve tried again and tried changing the photo name but catn't suss it out . I'm not fantastic with computers but my brother works with them so i m going to show him what you've told me and see if he can sort it .thanks for the help .i ll let you know if it works . cheers - nick

daviep

posted on 21/8/15 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Check the size, if they are too large you get an error message about file not supported or similar, nothing which indicates the actual problem.

Cheers
Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

joneh

posted on 21/8/15 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
You basically can't do it from on iPhone or iPad. As mentioned the files need to be uniquely named, so upload from a PC.
ReMan

posted on 21/8/15 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joneh
You basically can't do it from on iPhone or iPad. As mentioned the files need to be uniquely named, so upload from a PC.

Deff wot he sed

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

mark chandler

posted on 21/8/15 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Or put on an Internet site and use the img link
dave_424

posted on 21/8/15 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
Just use something like photo bucket, no need to faff about with resizing and renaming photos. Can upload pics straight from your phone then
nick-york

posted on 22/8/15 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
Well I've only got an iPhone and Mac laptop so from your advice these won't work. So I'm going to borrow the wife's samsung phone . Send pictures to it ,log into locust builders on it and try uploading them that way . As long as the pictures aren't too big this should work then . Bit of a long way round to do something which should be easy but if it works I ll be happy. Gonna have a look into photo bucket and see if that's the way forward long term . Thanks for all the help - nick
nick-york

posted on 23/8/15 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick-york
Well I've only got an iPhone and Mac laptop so from your advice these won't work. So I'm going to borrow the wife's samsung phone . Send pictures to it ,log into locust builders on it and try uploading them that way . As long as the pictures aren't too big this should work then . Bit of a long way round to do something which should be easy but if it works I ll be happy. Gonna have a look into photo bucket and see if that's the way forward long term . Thanks for all the help - nick
uploaded pictures with wifes phone a few minutes ago . Thanks everyone !

Fishface

posted on 30/8/15 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
I've got the same chuffing problem, wasted hours, will eBay instead
locost7-online.com

posted on 30/8/15 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
I have loads of pics to upload! Never seems to work for me either so I gave up!

Locost Xflow 150bhp injected! Sold :-(

Facebook blog https://www.facebook.com/Johns-Tiger-Avon-Build-814223212056368/
PLEASE NOTE THIS MEMBER IS NOT A TRADER.

coyoteboy

posted on 30/8/15 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah doesn't work for me either, using a windows laptop. It's a back-end problem, not a user/client problem.

T66

posted on 30/8/15 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Create a photobucket account and use their links to post here

The files here the last time I did it had to be in jpeg format, and not too big.

talkingcars

posted on 30/8/15 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
The advantage of somewhere like photobucket is you can then post the photos anywhere you like.
My phone (lumia on vodafone) has an option to post photos to my photobucket account in a couple of clicks.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.