Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sunrise, a TVR and a drone.... well it'd be rude not to!
tegwin

posted on 30/8/15 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Sunrise, a TVR and a drone.... well it'd be rude not to!

Not quite a locost but thought some of you might enjoy this video:
https://vimeo.com/136714225





------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cloudy

posted on 30/8/15 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
Great work, and great scenery! Phantom Pro?





www.warnercars.com

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tegwin

posted on 30/8/15 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks

Nope, the phantoms a nice piece of kit but it wouldn't quite manage that. It's a DJI S900 swinging an SLR under it

[Edited on 30/8/15 by tegwin]





------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cloudy

posted on 30/8/15 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote


Nice bit of kit! Is this the dayjob now?





www.warnercars.com

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tegwin

posted on 30/8/15 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
it sure is, all licensed and insured. Slowly picking up work but it's a tough market. But then no job is easy when your starting out!





------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 30/8/15 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
Lovely vid! Only one minor annoyance in it - I really hate it when you can see the drone's shadow tracking along next to the target - it totally draws your eye away from the target!





Report your local potholes, it actually works!

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 31/8/15 at 06:31 AM Reply With Quote

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
jeffw

posted on 31/8/15 at 06:48 AM Reply With Quote
Very cool video...






View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
ReMan

posted on 31/8/15 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
Nice





www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،. ˘≈ﺣ

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   ReMan 's ICQ status
tegwin

posted on 31/8/15 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
Lovely vid! Only one minor annoyance in it - I really hate it when you can see the drone's shadow tracking along next to the target - it totally draws your eye away from the target!


I agree with that, annoyingly the best shots are usually those with that sun shining on the subject meaning that drone tends to get between the sun and the thing being filmed resulting in shadows. On a road like that it's hard to pick a different angle. If I have a bit of time I will see if the drone can be "painted out"





------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rm0rgan

posted on 31/8/15 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
Love that. Really think Drones are cool.





Sigs are uncool.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dingz

posted on 31/8/15 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
That was really good, great scenery too. Sorry for piggy backing your thread but here is one made by one of the members of the sailing club I belong to, it involves an rc boat as well as a drone.

sailing club

[Edited on 31/8/15 by Dingz]





Phoned the local ramblers club today, but the bloke who answered just
went on and on.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 31/8/15 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
Lovely vid! Only one minor annoyance in it - I really hate it when you can see the drone's shadow tracking along next to the target - it totally draws your eye away from the target!


I agree with that, annoyingly the best shots are usually those with that sun shining on the subject meaning that drone tends to get between the sun and the thing being filmed resulting in shadows. On a road like that it's hard to pick a different angle. If I have a bit of time I will see if the drone can be "painted out"


Oh god yes, I imagine it's not an easy task at all - not taking anything away from it, still a lovely piece and some creative angles.





Report your local potholes, it actually works!

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tegwin

posted on 1/9/15 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dingz
That was really good, great scenery too. Sorry for piggy backing your thread but here is one made by one of the members of the sailing club I belong to, it involves an rc boat as well as a drone.

sailing club

[Edited on 31/8/15 by Dingz]


That's a clever idea, cool video!! Makes me want to get back into sailing!





------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 1/9/15 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
Good stuff but without the engine bruuum bruuum noise loses some magic.





Visit China. Meet the child that made your trainers.


View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply


go to top






Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [ 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.