Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MOT question no windscreen
steve m

posted on 6/9/15 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
MOT question no windscreen

Hi all

My car has been MOT'd at the same place for the last 10 years, and always with a windscreen wipers and washers
however ive taken the windscreen off, and probably wont refit it for a couple of weeks, as the screen wiper motor is buggered

when I have the MOT done, will it mention no screen fitted, and if it does, will this cause me any hassle with the BIB, if I refit it at a later point ?

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 6/9/15 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
If the windscreens not fitted it can still be tested remove wiper arms etc if the wiper spindles are still on the car make some little covers for them and you should be fine. You can refit at a later date as long as the wipers clear the screen and the washers work your all legal so that's ok

[Edited on 6/9/15 by ian locostzx9rc2]

snapper

posted on 6/9/15 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
What he said, MOT tester will only test what is on the car

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

mike2704

posted on 6/9/15 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
windscreen

Hi,
All answers correct you only test vehicle as presented same as if it only has one seat fitted only needs one seat belt.
I have been a tester for approx. 20 years so many rules have changed but the basics remain the same.
Cheers Mike

chillis

posted on 6/9/15 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Hi all

My car has been MOT'd at the same place for the last 10 years, and always with a windscreen wipers and washers
however ive taken the windscreen off, and probably wont refit it for a couple of weeks, as the screen wiper motor is buggered

when I have the MOT done, will it mention no screen fitted, and if it does, will this cause me any hassle with the BIB, if I refit it at a later point ?

steve

You do not need a windscreen or wiper system to use the car on the road or to MOT it, BUTwhen you refit the windscreen you need to have the wiper system functioning otherwise using the car on the road is a road trafic offence that will cause hassle with BIB

Never under estimate the ingenuity of an idiot!

steve m

posted on 6/9/15 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
thanks guys,

MOT without screen

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.