Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R6 vacuum slides
furryeggs

posted on 6/9/15 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
R6 vacuum slides

I am currently making some ali slide stops for my R6 TB's. If however i wanted to run using the slides where would i take the vacum from? would i need a plenum

cheers

furryeggs

posted on 8/9/15 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
There are 2 ports under each body, one open when I blow through the body, and on closed. I've had a look at some diagrams an drawings and I think I'm right that they don't have a vacuum source other than the air flow through the body/butterfly at atmospheric pressure ( air box etc etc) . I just need a little help confirming the routing of the pipework.

pairing them 1+2/3+4 do I go from open port on 1 - closed port on 2 and the same with 3+4 with a couple of T's to a pipe in my air filter plate. or is it 1-3 and 2-4???

any help confirming this is greatly appreciated.

[img][/img]

there's also 2 larger ports at either end are these blanked off/left open.

[img][/img]

R6 throttle bodies/ billet fuel rail. 2.0 blacktop running MS. If I can't get any help I'll machine slide stops at work, to block them open and adjust the tick over to a higher RPM.

cheers guys

furryeggs

posted on 8/9/15 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
I've got this thread going all on my own.

Just whacked the hoover up the tube to suck air through and then operated the butterfly and hey presto the slides go up my question now is what are the other ports for?

furryeggs

posted on 9/9/15 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
So the 2 larger ports are the filtered air feeds for the sliders, these i'll connect to the filtrr plate. That means the 8 smaller ports are for pressure equalisation between bodies??? just need to confirm piping and to where if any one knows?

Anyone?

sebastiaan

posted on 9/9/15 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I've got these bodies on my classic Alfa (Blasphemy! ;-)) and the sliders are indeed connected to the airbox or another source of filtered air through the large pipes on the side. I've not bothered with these and will see how they stand up to breathing "dirty" engine bay air.

The smaller set of ports that you have found are tied together to the fuel pressure regulator and MAP sensor (the open ones) and the others (which I think weren't closed completely on my set) are plugged in normal service and appear to be the connections used to balance the throttles using a set of vacuum gauges. Mine were connected together with hoses that had little plugs halfway in them and I've just stuck it back together that way. Seems to work fine.

Slide stops are not needed, but do check that the slides can open all the way. On my set, they didn't (came from a restricted bike maybe?) and I needed to remove a plastic ring on top of each diafragm to enable the full range of motion.

Good luck!

furryeggs

posted on 9/9/15 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for that, if you have a spare few minutes would you mind drawing a quick diagram? are all open ports connected together, or are they open-close

sorry to be a pain.

sebastiaan

posted on 10/9/15 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
Will try to have a look tonight or this weekend. Ping me a U2U if I forget, there's a lot going on at the moment.
sebastiaan

posted on 10/9/15 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Right, took some pics, hope this helps.

These connections are basically blanked off. The hose connector where my finger is is blovked and its only purpose is to hold the tubes in place. There's on "connecting" cylinders 1+2 and one for 3+4

This is a slightly better pic:

The other set of connections are coupled together with a set of tee's, like so:

with one connection going to the fuel pressure regulator and one going to the MAP sensor (if you have one. I'm running alpha-N without MAP)

sebastiaan

posted on 10/9/15 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
and a pic stolen from ebay showing the same.

furryeggs

posted on 10/9/15 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
blank them off it is then...

cheers

sebastiaan

posted on 13/9/15 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by furryeggs
blank them off it is then...

cheers

No problem. Good luck!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.