Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: unknown chassis
bug1

posted on 29/9/15 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
unknown chassis

I am looking at a seven kit started but left for many years all the documents have been lost but is well made can this be registered not to worried about Q plate it is very cheap like foc it has not got a chassis number on it so dvla will have to issue.
Ben_Copeland

posted on 29/9/15 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
If there's no documents. No vin plate. No number plate then it will need an IVA as its not registered.

You can take pictures and get a receipt when you collect.

Build pictures will help with registering it

oh and you can make any receipts you are missing in MS word

[Edited on 29/9/15 by Ben_Copeland]

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

bug1

posted on 29/9/15 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
so that means no problems a tall then just build it with plenty of photo's and register it.
owelly

posted on 29/9/15 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
You need a full IVA test.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ben_Copeland

posted on 30/9/15 at 05:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bug1
so that means no problems a tall then just build it with plenty of photo's and register it.

Apart from getting it through IVA

Ben

Enter Your Details Here

joneh

posted on 30/9/15 at 06:41 AM Reply With Quote
Like most 99% complete projects that just need an iva test, expect a full strip down, rebuild and replacement of many items to get through the test!
Mr Whippy

posted on 30/9/15 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
just buy some horrific old pre-registered kit car for £50 and use it's documents and vin plate. Just so happens your car is also called a Dutton etc and no one will be remotely the wiser. I still have the documents for several sorned kit cars that may miraculously like the phoenix rise again in a new form

Naturally those who have had to get their car through an IVA test think this is down right appalling behaviour!

[Edited on 30/9/15 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ben_Copeland

posted on 30/9/15 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
just buy some horrific old pre-registered kit car for £50 and use it's documents and vin plate. Just so happens your car is also called a Dutton etc and no one will be remotely the wiser. I still have the documents for several sorned kit cars that may miraculously like the phoenix rise again in a new form

Naturally those who have had to get their car through an IVA test think this is down right appalling behaviour!

And illegal. But who cares lol

Ben

Enter Your Details Here

Mr Whippy

posted on 30/9/15 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Copeland
quote:

Yeah who cares, the insurace would be valid as is the road tax and the MOT so it makes not a jot to anyone, only one you are cutting out the loop is some busy body telling you your lights arn't just right or you don't have enough foam padding on your wishbones in case you hit a hedgehog or something.

My Countach was called a Renault Mirage, my JBA Falcon a Ford Falcon and my beachbuggy was still a Beetle, not once did it cause any issues.

joneh

posted on 30/9/15 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Copeland
quote:

Yeah who cares, the insurace would be valid as is the road tax and the MOT so it makes not a jot to anyone, only one you are cutting out the loop is some busy body telling you your lights arn't just right or you don't have enough foam padding on your wishbones in case you hit a hedgehog or something.

My Countach was called a Renault Mirage, my JBA Falcon a Ford Falcon and my beachbuggy was still a Beetle, not once did it cause any issues.

That is, until you injure or kill someone. And then see what your insurance inspector says...

myke pocock

posted on 30/9/15 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Not to mention the relations of those you injure/kill and a good proportion of those on this forum. Not a wise post mate.
Angel Acevedo

posted on 30/9/15 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
This topic is veering off course too fast.
If it´s legally registered as such and such, then, the owner shouldn´t be at fault, the ones at fault are the people issuing the documents acting on behalf of your government.
That´s my humble point of view.
Here in mexico is appalling to see the stuff it´s on the road.
Law is a lot more relaxed though.

Now back to the original question.
Bug1 you state kit but don´t say what´s included in the kit.
If complete it may be worth it, but if only chassis and assorted pieces, then it may be cheaper/wiser to start from scratch as inferred earlier by joneh.
HTH

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

bug1

posted on 30/9/15 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
the kit has most parts to finish and of good quality most of the parts are new just been stood for a long time approx 2006 I have been given the kit for nothing so I think its worth the risk my last car a velocity xt seen in my photos went through the sva first time so I am not that worried about the iva
joneh

posted on 30/9/15 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
the kit has most parts to finish and of good quality most of the parts are new just been stood for a long time approx 2006 I have been given the kit for nothing so I think its worth the risk my last car a velocity xt seen in my photos went through the sva first time so I am not that worried about the iva

If you're saying you won't IVA it, the only way you can register it then is illegally.

bug1

posted on 30/9/15 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think you read my post correctly I said my first kit the luego passed the sva first time without problems so that's why I said the iva dose not worry me in putting a car through it I would never put a car on the road illegally I restore high end cars for a living so can't afford to do it in any other way but correctly another words it will be put through an iva ok
joneh

posted on 30/9/15 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I don't think you read my post correctly I said my first kit the luego passed the sva first time without problems so that's why I said the iva dose not worry me in putting a car through it I would never put a car on the road illegally I restore high end cars for a living so can't afford to do it in any other way but correctly another words it will be put through an iva ok

I did! My apologies.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.