Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cadwell Park 22nd Oct
Andy D

posted on 1/10/15 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
Cadwell Park 22nd Oct

Have booked onto this one, anyone else fancy it?

Cadwell 22nd Oct with MSV. 105db
http://www.msvtrackdays.com/car/calendar/2015/october/22-cp-gen.aspx

Andy D

posted on 20/10/15 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
It's looking dry for Thursday, and as far as I know there's still spaces.. any last minute bookers?

Open piltane, 105db, £109

dan8400

posted on 21/10/15 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
I'm going. I've had it booked about six weeks now. Can't wait!!

Thanks
Dan

Hey - That's Journey!!!

Andy D

posted on 23/10/15 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan8400
I'm going. I've had it booked about six weeks now. Can't wait!!

Thanks
Dan

Just read this now Dan, sorry I didn't come and say hello.

Was a cracking day though.. I think there were only 25 cars booked in and a few of them had died by lunch time. Perfect weather (for October), an empty track, what could be better!!

And.. as far as I know there wasn't a single red flag?

Will get some more pics uploaded and some vid at some point.

[Edited on 23/10/15 by Andy D]

Andy D

posted on 23/10/15 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
I've uploaded loads of pics here:
http://s133.photobucket.com/user/dixonandrew/library/Cadwell%20park%20trackday%2022nd%20Oct%202015?sort=3&page=1

A selection..
Bigfoot three wheeling through Hall bends.

dan8400

posted on 23/10/15 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
It was a great day indeed. I must have spoken to most people so I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to chat. We had a few issues and two trips into Louth for parts!! The alternator lost the bolt from one end of the tensioner bracket. Fixed that, then the bolt came out of the other end!! Can you believe that?! The alternator dropped onto the oil filter and split it. So we had to get a new one. Then later on the fan belt let go. Must have been damaged by the other incidents. Nothing major and my mates van is loaded with tools so we coped.

Great time on track, and I agree no red flags and I don't remember seeing a yellow even. Some good guys out there and some nice manors too.

Some great pics you've got on here. Well done.

I doubt I'll do much more with the tiger this year. Winter mods list is long! So time and money will dictate how that goes.

My mate really enjoyed it. It was his first track day. But he's hooked. Already looking at the classifieds for a 330 bmw or similar. He loved the tiger but not a car for him in the real world. He really got into it as his confidence grew in the day.

Can't wait for some more track time next year

Thanks
Dan

Hey - That's Journey!!!

Andy D

posted on 24/10/15 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like you had a challenging day Dan. I think in our little group, the only failures were a cycle wing bracket, and a gear knob came loose.. we've had much much worse reliability!

Couple of vids.. first one is me chasing Bigfoot's Striker.

and the second is a mate in his Zetec powered car chasing (cruising) after my son in my car.

bigfoot4616

posted on 24/10/15 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
you where going well there andy.

vid really does show how much i was keeping away from the grass exiting chris curve after last years incident.

daniel mason

posted on 24/10/15 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
Great vid Andy!
I really hope the rumours are true,and Caldwell gets put on our sprint series! I need to drive that in the Jedi.

PAUL FISHER

posted on 24/10/15 at 11:54 PM Reply With Quote
That Westys going well for a Zetec, not many cars can short shift and keep up with the pinto power round Cadwell.
Andy D

posted on 25/10/15 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigfoot4616
you where going well there andy.

vid really does show how much i was keeping away from the grass exiting chris curve after last years incident.

I was really quite surprised to be staying with you Rich, .. I was trying like hell mind, worked up a real sweat!

Dan, you need to get a proper car, and forget the daft one lap wonders!

Paul, the red zetec car isn't overly powerful (by modern standards) 200 to 215bhp maybe, but coupled to the sequential box, and with a good driver it's definitely got the legs on the old Pinto.

Couple more vids.
Pete chasing SteveH's most definitely overly powerful, but we suspect lacking in grip, car.

and Pete initially chasing after the red zetec car.

daniel mason

posted on 25/10/15 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
You wouldn't say that if you drove one!
Andy D

posted on 25/10/15 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
You wouldn't say that if you drove one!

How many minutes of seat time have you had Dan? The way I see it doing only sprints / hills in a single seater, it would take forever to get properly up to speed with the car. You need seat time that you just don't get.

daniel mason

posted on 25/10/15 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe true, but to race a single seater you would need a lot more cash than I currently have!
There are some very very quick guys in the single seaters on the hills.none of them have done circuit racing!
You'd be surprised at the pace

daniel mason

posted on 25/10/15 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
And just to add I'll never get to full speed with the car as I'm simply not talented enough which is slightly frustrating,but I'll try my best!
All I can suggest is enter a sprint and see if all your seat time has payed off against those who only sprint. You might surprise yourself and pick up some pots!
I'll let you know if I go to Teesside testing as I'd happily let you out for a few laps in it if available.

Andy D

posted on 25/10/15 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Maybe true, but to race a single seater you would need a lot more cash than I currently have!
There are some very very quick guys in the single seaters on the hills.none of them have done circuit racing!
You'd be surprised at the pace

..but how do you know they're fast if they haven't raced against racers? I've seen guys in single seaters at the Croft sprint, that clearly don't know which way the next corner goes! Agree some of the top single seater sprint guys look quick, but how many years of single lappers has it taken to get to that point.

I reckon the radical you had was a better all rounder, at least you could get some trackday practice in.

Have you swapped cars again Dan? I thought you had force?

daniel mason

posted on 25/10/15 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah the force cost me an absolute fortune so it had to go. I've jot a little Jedi for next year.
Like I said,if your dubious as to the standard of sprinters against track dayers.enter one and see. Bradley hob day has had some tremendous lap times this year I his 1000cc Jedi. He did a standing start lap of Blyton in 58 secs. Anglesey international in 81. Just insane lap times

Andy D

posted on 25/10/15 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Yeah the force cost me an absolute fortune so it had to go. I've jot a little Jedi for next year.
Like I said,if your dubious as to the standard of sprinters against track dayers.enter one and see. Bradley hob day has had some tremendous lap times this year I his 1000cc Jedi. He did a standing start lap of Blyton in 58 secs. Anglesey international in 81. Just insane lap times

Yep, not doubting there's some quick drivers, but there's also a load who just don't get the seat time in to improve. Each to their own Dan, but it's not for me.

daniel mason

posted on 25/10/15 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Totally agree! It's very very difficult to get seat time though. As fuel loads are really low (around 1.5 litres) and tyres go off so quickly (around 1 minute)
We'd all benefit from seat time or instruction but in reality a lot comes down to commitment on the day. Especially on the hills.

Andy D

posted on 25/10/15 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
Did you actually drive the Force?
daniel mason

posted on 25/10/15 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
I did, and it kept on breaking!
Rear suspension failed. Gear lever snapped at 3 sisters, rear wing collapsed at Blyton mid corner etc

Andy D

posted on 25/10/15 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I did, and it kept on breaking!
Rear suspension failed. Gear lever snapped at 3 sisters, rear wing collapsed at Blyton mid corner etc

Dear oh dear! Total track time measured in minutes? Better luck with the Jedi hopefully.

daniel mason

posted on 25/10/15 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Minimal amount of fuel burnt though

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.