Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: A New Race Series For Anything Mazda!
thefreak

posted on 8/10/15 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
A New Race Series For Anything Mazda!

After a successful seasons racing from the 5Club MX5 Championship and the 750MC Sports Specials, we are looking to develop a class for modified Mazdas and Mazda based kit cars.

The criteria will be pretty open to allow all those wannabe racers out there to get out on track and compete.

The requirements for entry will be as follows:

Engine - Mazda
Gearbox - Mazda
Differential - Mazda
Maximum Power to weight 250bhp/ton (at the wheels)
Regulation tyres (to be confirmed)

Other than that, anything you like (within the rules)!

This will allow any MX5 based kit car to compete against others who have used the Mazda running gear used in their build to compete as well. It will also allow for forced induction cars to run alongside other cars. So an Mk1 MX5 with a Supercharger playing against a V6 conversion running alongside an MX5 based kit car running 125bhp and 500kg should mix it all up a bit

Obviously the usual safety requirements will be essential such as roll over protection, 6 point restraints, fire extinguisher system and other blue book requirements.

Depending on the interest, we may state the Engine/Gearbox/Diff will need to be from an MX5, but as we're in the early stages of development we're open to suggestions, but will be looking at track time in the 2016 season on the 750MC calendar.

So... if you think you're because racecar, now's the time to show it

We already have 8-9 cars who are race ready, we only need a few more for our own grid!

MK9R

posted on 8/10/15 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting.

Maybe you should stipulate a few more mazda bits uprights, brakes etc?? Try to keep cost down. The MNR vortx mazda would fit in this nicely

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
thefreak

posted on 8/10/15 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Like I say, it's open to discussion. Want to get input from racers who are genuinely interested and tailor a series to suit most.

Some of the Mazda parts don't translate over to some donors, like the uprights and brakes if you're not using the uprights so you've fitted alternative versions. I wouldn't want someone not able to race because they hadn't used the Mazda uprights in their build.

The MX150R uses pretty much all the running gear, so it's not an issue for the 9 of us currently racing, just want more cars to play with who are similarly powered to make it more competitive, unlike the 500kg/200bhp cars we're currently lumped in with.

Also, there's a massive amount of modified Mk1s and Mk2s who do trackdays, sprints and hillclimbs which with a few safety additions could easily come out and play in a proper circuit race

PorkChop

posted on 8/10/15 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
I'm very interested in this Stewart, I've been trying to weigh up where to take my car.

I agree with what's been mentioned i.e. engine/box/diff being original MX-5, I don't know of a MX-5 based kit that can't use the uprights and braking systems though?

MK9R

posted on 8/10/15 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds a great idea with all the kits that are out there.

The mnr vortx or full bodied GM would be a great standard fit kit!!

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MK9R

posted on 8/10/15 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
N E MX5 formula ;-)

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

dilley

posted on 9/10/15 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
I knew I should have not scrapped the bongo!
marc n

posted on 20/10/15 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
Are there any updates on regs, as looking at possibility of building 2 / 3 cars
cheers
marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.