Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 1.8 MX5 hill climb racer
mini-sprite

posted on 25/10/15 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
1.8 MX5 hill climb racer

I signed up for this forum years ago and lurked about a bit when thinking about building a Locost. I didn't build one and went back to building and restoring classic mini's. My latest project is a space framed MX5 engine mini. i'm not sure its something everyone wants to see on here but i'll post some pics if there is some interest?

I have a sort of question about engine differences. Sorry i've copied this from our own 16vmini forum as it was last update tonight.

Thats it really

oh no hang on. I bought another engine, this one is a year 2000 mk2 engine its done less miles and hasn't been strangled round a track for the last part of it life. The plan is to run the new engine NA to gain the signatures i need to upgrade my licence so i can then go turbo. The other one i can build as the turbo unit next year

I have a bit of a problem though. My wiring harness is MK1 and my PnP mega squirt is for a 94-95 MK1 to suit.

There is a few very subtle changes to some of the sensors such as the MK2 runs a crank trigger wheel (MK1 doesn't) Mk2 runs a different CAS although i reckon i could retro fit the MK1 as the cylinder head on the MK2 still has the hole but blanked off. Please correct me if i'm wrong on these points as i'm still new to MX5's

I thinking about selling the PnP unit and just buying a V3 megasquirt and making my own harness. I might be able to get rid of the myriad of vac pipes if i do this as well and not have to pick through the MX5 harness to get to the bits i want.

What are your thoughts

Here is a link to my build thread on 16nmini forum http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35549 apologies if linking to other forums isn't allowed

sdh2903

posted on 25/10/15 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
Projects of all types welcome here.

If you want to sell the pnp megasquirt I might be able to find a home for it

big_wasa

posted on 25/10/15 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
There are more projects like yours than locosts being built on here.

All good.

daniel mason

posted on 25/10/15 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Looks tidy.hopefully see you on the hills next year!
maccmike

posted on 25/10/15 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Im building an mx5 classic mini.

Not uploaded recent photos for while but will soon for your perusal.

Keep up the good work.

thepest

posted on 25/10/15 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
And this is the first time I heard of an MX5 mini. Great project!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.