Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone got £20k-ish for a classy track day package?
TimC

posted on 25/10/15 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone got £20k-ish for a classy track day package?

Saw these two vehicles independently and figured they'd look A1+ at a Goodwood trackday:

The tow-vehicle
eBay Item

The sports car
eBay Item

That is all. Just a bit of whimsy.

Slimy38

posted on 26/10/15 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
I agree, that would definitely be a nice combination. Not sure whether the former could actually tow the latter, but even as a racecar + support car it would look nice.
ravingfool

posted on 26/10/15 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
That would be really nice.

Rather different but for my own reasons I was hit with a good dose of envy yesterday when I saw the following combination go past:

Pristine MG ZTT (that's the estate version) towing a trailer with what looked like a race prepared MG B (flared arches, wider tyre/wheel combination, full cage and a hardtop.

Lovely, although I'd actually prefer to have a BGT as I have a soft spot for them and had a standard BGT as my first car only about 10 years ago. I happened to be driving the other way in my 2.5 ZT saloon but I keep looking at the estates as I just like the look and the added practical space. Also potentially better as a tow car for my striker.

The ZTs are cheap as chips but still a nice thing and a B of any sort is a stupid thing which will rust before your eyes but they aren't half fun whilst they rot with classic good looks without completely breaking the bank. Although I have the striker now rather than the BGT because it is so much easier and cheaper to work on and rebuild a kit type car than a classic. I like the idea of classics for the future but I couldn't bring myself to waste any more time or money on one in my present circumstances. (not that this stops me looking from time to time!)

Mr Whippy

posted on 26/10/15 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
there is no way in hell that old minor would tow a car
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
skippad

posted on 26/10/15 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
I was interested in buying that Westfield from a guy from Edinbrugh a few months ago... it was £4250 at the time....should have bought it!

[Edited on 26/10/15 by skippad]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 26/10/15 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skippad
I was interested in buying that Westfield from a guy from Edinbrugh a few months ago... it was £4250 at the time....should have bought it!

[Edited on 26/10/15 by skippad]

Yes - for a pre-lit that would've been a steal.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.