Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MT75 on Ebay
J90rdn

posted on 3/11/15 at 12:55 AM Reply With Quote
MT75 on Ebay

Apologies if daft question, but would this bolt straight onto a Zetec blacktop, and likely to fit in a Tiger Avon? Have been looking at Type9 gearboxes, but sure I've read that the MT75 also fits and is as good as the Type 9

Ford MT75 Gearbox 5 speed

Thanks

z2000

posted on 3/11/15 at 06:07 AM Reply With Quote
I'm fairly sure it does too. GBS use the MT75 in their Zero which often has the Blacktop Zetec engine fitted and I haven't heard of them using any adapters or modifications for it. The only thing I am aware of is they modify the clutch arm or the pivot. (Something like that)

Hope that helps.

If it isn't broken; take it apart and fix it! Build PhotoBlog:
http://z2000.co.uk

big_wasa

posted on 3/11/15 at 06:22 AM Reply With Quote
It will fit the zetec but it won't fit in the tiger. It doesn't fit any 7 with out work to the trans tunnel.
J90rdn

posted on 3/11/15 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for replies. Don't wish to start fabrication work so will stick with the type 9. I assume they are all the same?
matt5964

posted on 3/11/15 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
I have a mt75 in a luego velocity with no mods needed. Apart from the bearing (Westfield do one as they also have used this box)

The mt75 will take more tourtière than a type nine and I think it might be a little lighter as its all aluminum. There is very little if not zero choose in gear ratios though.

As said above they will not fit a tiger as the tunnel is to narrow.

Luego velocity XT 2.0ltr 221.3bhp 178.9lbft

Paul Turner

posted on 3/11/15 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by J90rdn
will stick with the type 9. I assume they are all the same?

No they are not, several types.

Ratios come in 3 basic flavours. Standard 4 cylinder, V6 and diesel. Forget the diesel they are useless. V6 is best but can add complications.

Front input shaft comes in 2 flavours, standard and long. Standard 4 cylinder and long. The long type is fitted to V6 and diesel boxes. Many boxes sold on e-bay as a V6 are actually diesel, the buyers must be well upset.

The clutch sleeve come in 2 flavours, standard and long. The long type is only fitted to V6 boxes.

I can 100% guarantee that any box you buy off e-bay will be a pile of shite. The newest is now almost 24 years old. You will need to budget a rebuild before you fit it otherwise it will need taking out and sorting later.

While it is in bits get the ratio's sorted. Steve Perks at SPC does a cracking 1st gear swap that makes the box much better for a fraction of the cost of a BGH or similar. He will also fully rebuild the box and make it reliable and strong.

J90rdn

posted on 3/11/15 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Minefield !!!!!!

Car will be purely track, and can't remember the last time I went into first gear on track (perhaps hairpin at Mallory), so 1st ratio may not be such an issue.

Think I'll steer clear of V6 box then and aim for standard 4 cylinder - that way should get exactly what I need.

Will take your advice and hopefully something will come up for sale soon on here.

Thanks

ALLAN 14

posted on 3/11/15 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
MT75 on Ebay

Hi All.
Who and where is Steve Perks at SPC? As I need a gearbox rebuild.

Regards
Allan

Paul Turner

posted on 4/11/15 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ALLAN 14
Hi All.
Who and where is Steve Perks at SPC? As I need a gearbox rebuild.

Regards
Allan

Steve Perks is as far as I am concerned the go too chap for diffs and gearboxes. Way better than BGH IMHO. His prices are reasonable but he is normally busy (as good blokes should be) so you need to be patient.

He is based in Redditch and can be contacted on 01527 894232. You may not contact at your first attempt but when you do be prepared for long call.

threadbare wallet

posted on 5/11/15 at 06:28 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.spcomponents.co.uk/gpage.html

is that him?

Very few things are "really" needed.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.