Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Stuart Taylor Motorsport Phoenix owner
Arkwright

posted on 7/11/15 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
New Stuart Taylor Motorsport Phoenix owner

Hi everyone, Just bought a Hayabusa engined Phoenix for trackdays and possibly a few sprints.
I can`t wait to try it out, its not road registered so I`m waiting not very patiently for my first trackday in it.

My name is Simon I`m a trackday addict.

daniel mason

posted on 7/11/15 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
Is it the pink/ purple one?
BenB

posted on 7/11/15 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
Nice! Presumably the CAGED tubular chassis?
Arkwright

posted on 8/11/15 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
Is it the pink/ purple one?

Yes it is the pinky. Did you see it advertised.

Arkwright

posted on 8/11/15 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Nice! Presumably the CAGED tubular chassis?

The chassis is mostly 25mm box it does have a full tubular roll cage though.
It`s quite an early one no. 10 I believe made in 2004 are the later ones tubular then ?
Was there any known problems with the early chassis to look out for. Other than the odd crack round the back end.

[Edited on 8/11/15 by Arkwright]

BenB

posted on 8/11/15 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, Ian at STM started getting the phoenix chassis made up by CAGED but they'd be circular tube if so. Still, nothing wrong with the standard STM chassis. Racing had proven them to be robust- I seem to recall Ian rolling his quite spectacularly and walking away unscathed.
daniel mason

posted on 8/11/15 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
I did see it advertised and tried to make a few of my friends go see it! None of them did,hence why you got a great car for a good price (assuming some haggling was done)
If your sprinting then let me know and we can probably meet up next year.
There's myself,Andrew Jackson (unijacko67), Gordon Riley,Andy larton,steve Wright and Andy Wilde who sprint from the same area!
Then Jeff Wiltshire,Simon Boulter(dopdog), Craig Hughes,Adam phelps,mark chandler and a few more who travel from various places down south and Wales
Anglesey is a great sprint venue and if you get chance to do the May weekend it's fantastic! Most of us will be there for sure

Arkwright

posted on 8/11/15 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
I`m at Anglesey for a trackday on the 29th the first outing with the car. Only been there once before but love the track.
Some haggling was done and hopefully it was a great purchase as it also included a decent trailer.
Epic journey though my mate came from southend to me at Royston Herts and then we went on up to Forfar and back in a day almost a full day 22 hours to be precise.
I`m interested in doing some sprinting would like to come and view a sprint first to see what it`s all about so I`ll keep my eye out for a localish one.
Sounds like you have a friendly bunch who go aswell always a bonus if it`s sociable aswell.

daniel mason

posted on 8/11/15 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
All us guys from the lakes are relative novices with only 10-20 sprints and hills done. But we've all done ok and won a lot of silverware and set some respectable times!
Some of the guys on here from the south have been doing it a lot longer and have also had relative success.
We meet up fairly regularly with us travelling south and them travelling north and we all get on really well. I think most of us have come from doing a few track days and then wanting that little bit extra competitive edge without the cost of a full race season. For us it works,for others they don't like it!
I'd just get a non race national b license, all the correct safety gear and enter Anglesey weekend on May bank holiday.mits a great event,usually under subscribed so loads of runs,it's very friendly and the facilities are excellent! We can have a few beers and enjoy the competition.
I've moved up from a radical to single seaters so am not expecting too much! But I'll have a lot of fun learning

[Edited on 8/11/15 by daniel mason]

Arkwright

posted on 8/11/15 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
What rule book do the Sprints use or are they individual clubs. Just wondering where to find out excactly what safety gear is required.
It sounds fun and laid back.

daniel mason

posted on 8/11/15 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
It's far from laid back. You need the msa blue book. And comply with the sprint/hillclimb sections!
Your car I'd imagine will fall into sports libre which can run Avon slicks but you need fia 1986 suit, Fia gloves,race boots. Hans device (from 2016) ha s full face helmet and fia in date harness.
All the above can be had second hand off ebay! But a new helmet really is a must to guarantee safety!
I've got the 2015 blue book I can send you if you pm me your address but it'll be online as well

Arkwright

posted on 8/11/15 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
Okay thanks for the info buddy.
I`ll have a look online now I know where to look thanks again.

Ps My sister lives up in the lakes she lives in what used to be the petrol garage on the shap road north of Kendal.

daniel mason

posted on 8/11/15 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
About 10 miles north of me!
I'll be Nipping into the morrisons off shap road tomorrow for a salad for lunch

Arkwright

posted on 9/11/15 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
About 10 miles north of me!
I'll be Nipping into the morrisons off shap road tomorrow for a salad for lunch

What a small world.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.