Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 193 HP Duratec on Jenveys
big-vee-twin

posted on 13/11/15 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
193 HP Duratec on Jenveys

In preparation of my IVA car was sent off to Dale at Bailey Performance, with a brief to sort out the emissions and map the engine on the RR.

While Dale had the car he fixed a couple of small issues, the opportunity to upgrade to Jenvey Throttle bodies was to good to miss so I agreed to fit them.

Dale decided it would be a great idea to install two sets of injectors rather than a single set to give good driving conditions at low revs around town, reduce emissions and have power when you needed it, he did this work at his own expense!

here's a picture

[img] Jenveys
Jenveys
[/img]

Here's the results from the RR

[img] Rolling Road Results
Rolling Road Results
[/img]

Many thanks go to Dale for this, my IVA is now booked for early December. The guy is a Genius.

[Edited on 13/11/15 by big-vee-twin]

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

perksy

posted on 13/11/15 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Good result

Have seen good results on vauxhall xe's with the double injector set-up

Just wandering, Did Dale experiment with ram pipe lengths at all ?

Daf

posted on 13/11/15 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Is it wrong that this picture turns me on slightly!!??

[img] Jenveys
Jenveys
[/img]

That should make for a lively car...!

big-vee-twin

posted on 13/11/15 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Those ones are 90mm but he just got the Duratec kit from Jenvey.

I had got as far as I could with MS and had real trouble balancing the bike throttle bodies and they are very on/off too.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

neilp1

posted on 17/11/15 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
What bike TBs were you using and are you still using MS with the Jenvey's?
J90rdn

posted on 17/11/15 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neilp1
What bike TBs were you using and are you still using MS with the Jenvey's?

Ditto interested in this. Have a megasquirt on my MX5 turbo. Was looking for an Omex600 for the Tiger but wondering whether to go Megasquirt.

big-vee-twin

posted on 17/11/15 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
GSXR 750 Bike bodies

and yes still using Megasquirt, I'm sure Dale would confirm that's its more flexible than others.

J90rdn

posted on 17/11/15 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Where did you get the megasquirt made, or did you make it yourself?
big-vee-twin

posted on 17/11/15 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Built it myself bought it from DIYautotune

neilp1

posted on 17/11/15 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
I used GSXR1000TBs with Omex 600. If I done it again I would bite the bullet and went down the Jenvey route. That said I've not had any issues with my set up other than the engine being a bit smokey, but for £150 off ebay and 189bhp on the RR and getting it through the IVA I can't complain. I have an engine in the garage with an ST head which I plan on re-building over the coming months.
BaileyPerformance

posted on 18/11/15 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big-vee-twin
In preparation of my IVA car was sent off to Dale at Bailey Performance, with a brief to sort out the emissions and map the engine on the RR.

While Dale had the car he fixed a couple of small issues, the opportunity to upgrade to Jenvey Throttle bodies was to good to miss so I agreed to fit them.

Dale decided it would be a great idea to install two sets of injectors rather than a single set to give good driving conditions at low revs around town, reduce emissions and have power when you needed it, he did this work at his own expense!

here's a picture

[img] Jenveys
Jenveys
[/img]

Here's the results from the RR

[img] Rolling Road Results
Rolling Road Results
[/img]

Many thanks go to Dale for this, my IVA is now booked for early December. The guy is a Genius.

[Edited on 13/11/15 by big-vee-twin]

Hi,

Thanks for the great post :-)

This was a good opportunity to go down the staged 8 injector path as the Duratec has the factory injectors located directly into the head, the Jenveys have there own injector port in each throttle body.
I have used staged injection to good effect several times before, but never on a Duratec. This system made the idle and part throttle mapping simple (less fussy) and improved the starting. The second set of injectors are phased in depending on throttle position and RPM. The transition is seamless.
It well worth the extra cost (very little) if installing jenveys, the injectors i used are just 2 sets of 0280155819 as found in 1800cc blacktop zetecs.

If anyone would like any further info on this setup please contact me.

www.facebook.com/baileyperformance
www.baileyperformance.co.uk
07967 222967

Cheers Dale.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.