posted on 13/11/15 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Paris terror attacks

Another sad day! When will it all end?
coyoteboy

posted on 13/11/15 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
Never. Humans are idiots.

twybrow

posted on 13/11/15 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Sadly, I am not sure it ever will. There will always be people hell bent on destruction of the world. It just happens there are quite a few currently who believe in the same idiotic ideology. Selfish I know, but I can't help feel relieved that it wasn't in the UK. Are we better with intelligence, or do you think it is just down to geography/borders?
kj

posted on 13/11/15 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
To be honest the world in full of arseholes, so never.

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

daniel mason

posted on 13/11/15 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
It's only a matter of time before we get another incident in the uk!
Lunatics

BenB

posted on 13/11/15 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
Never. Until we stop teaching kids to believe in fairies, santa claus and the yeti and other such bollocks. And instead tell them that each individual life is simultaneously completely irrelevant and immaterial and yet (to that person's nearest and dearest) the most important thing in the world. Regardless of how many people you kill you'll never do anything to the masses (who simply don't care) you just ruin the life of people who don't have the power to change anything.

It's just a shame those who cannot find a reason to live don't just cap themselves rather than deluding themselves into believing in a "cause" and taking lots of others with them.

But then religion mostly prays upon those who need a reason to live. Or need a validation by which to die. The truth is life sucks. Deal with it rather than finding an excuse on which to live.

To quote I heart Huckabees: Caterine Vauban: "The woods are hopeless. Don't waste your time, they will be destroyed. So will the marsh. It is a losing game mankind has played for more than a century. Sadness is what you are, do not deny it. The universe is a lonely place, a painful place. This is what we can share between us, period."

Good movie btw. Very amusing.

daniel mason

posted on 13/11/15 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
They do have a reason to live. But they also think they have a reason to die!
kj

posted on 13/11/15 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
The government needs to toughen up and human rights needs to get a grip and get with reality.

daniel mason

posted on 13/11/15 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
The problem is there's so many of them living amongst us now. We don't know who's who or where to start.in order to put a stop to it
kj

posted on 13/11/15 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
The government know who and where they are and still paying them benefits

kj

posted on 13/11/15 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
The governments around the world could stop it tomorrow if they wanted to.

steve m

posted on 13/11/15 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
I have never hated any one to the end of killing them, yep some have pissed me off but ....so be it ...

Why can we not all live happily, next to each other, with out any hatred

Religion and beliefs, wow, what a sad end

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

kj

posted on 13/11/15 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
It's all politicay manufaured for its own use.

perksy

posted on 13/11/15 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
Open borders means everyone is open to attack

Lets face it we don't really know who is amongst us do we ?

Sadly this will now be a reality for anybody, anywhere...

Was interesting to read the Aussie prime ministers comments on Europe's open door policy, He basically said that we are heading for a fall....

coozer

posted on 13/11/15 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
Time we get out of Europe and shut the island down!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Adamirish

posted on 13/11/15 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Time we get out of Europe and shut the island down!

Like!

Too many people here that shouldn't be. Get them out, stop more coming in and stay out of other people's business. Enough problems here to sort out never mind getting involved with that crap.

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

Texan

posted on 14/11/15 at 05:15 AM Reply With Quote
I'm having trouble getting much information on this. I've been all over the web and finally resorted to the news on TV, but very little other than there have been multiple attacks, apparently at a music event and a soccer game?

And yet I've seen a map showing 4 different places so what happened at the other 2 places?

Who were the shooters?

Why were they shooting?

What's supposed to be the significance?

Maybe in the morning I'll see something

I drive therefore I am.

daniel mason

posted on 14/11/15 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
Sky news have live feeds Texan if you can get one!
MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 14/11/15 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
Closed borders didn't stop the IRA.

Knee jerk reactions don't stop the problem, they just move it. We need to stop blaming 'them' and start looking at 'us'. The more were divide the more groups we create who'll want something different. If we maintain our policies of invading countries we're just showing the smaller and smaller groups the way forward is violence.

Before you ask, no I don't have the answer. If I did I'd be shouting it from every roof top. I just worry this is the start of a major world upheaval & keep thinking how all the steps leading up to world war 2 were very sensible in context of the events of that time and disastrous in hindsight. I'm thinking were repeating mistakes with out learning making us fools.

StevieB

posted on 14/11/15 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Texan
I'm having trouble getting much information on this. I've been all over the web and finally resorted to the news on TV, but very little other than there have been multiple attacks, apparently at a music event and a soccer game?

And yet I've seen a map showing 4 different places so what happened at the other 2 places?

Who were the shooters?

Why were they shooting?

What's supposed to be the significance?

Maybe in the morning I'll see something

In summary, there have been simultaneous gun attacks across a number of locations in Paris, with the news reporting at least 120 dead (and no doubt set to rise).

Initial reports suggest one of the attackers shouted something about being Hollande's fault for taking part in Syria air strikes.

StevieB

posted on 14/11/15 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kj
The governments around the world could stop it tomorrow if they wanted to.

All they'd do would be to give the next generation a reason to rake up their cause, in greater numbers and with greater anger.

There's no single answer to the problem, and that's the problem.

StevieB

posted on 14/11/15 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Closed borders didn't stop the IRA.

Knee jerk reactions don't stop the problem, they just move it. We need to stop blaming 'them' and start looking at 'us'. The more were divide the more groups we create who'll want something different. If we maintain our policies of invading countries we're just showing the smaller and smaller groups the way forward is violence.

Before you ask, no I don't have the answer. If I did I'd be shouting it from every roof top. I just worry this is the start of a major world upheaval & keep thinking how all the steps leading up to world war 2 were very sensible in context of the events of that time and disastrous in hindsight. I'm thinking were repeating mistakes with out learning making us fools.

Agreed

The major complication I see is that unlike when nations go to war, there is no leadership or channel of communication whereby discussions at any level can be held.

In this case, there will always be a breakaway faction that does its own thing if it doesn't agree with the main cause. The main effort needs to be a hearts and minds operation to ensure that the break away groups are small, under supported and have limited capability.

The rise of IS and the extent of its power is a major failing of global intelligence in my opinion - they seem to have come out of the blue (though no doubt tracked for a long time before the media jumped on it).

[Edited on 14/11/15 by StevieB]

spaximus

posted on 14/11/15 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
Religion has killed more than any other reason in history. We need our leaders to get a grip and stop any religious schools and to separate religion from everything else.
Why do we have the Lords filled with religious leaders for example?

We also need to be prepared to stop being driven by the Liberals who believe everyone is good and those involved in terror is because we made them do it by our past.
We need to take those who incite violence in the name of a sky fairy and lock them away in isolation so they can not infect others.

I have family in France and there is a sense of shock from them but also a fear that the far right will now start attacking anyone who is Muslim looking in revenge.

Where are the moderate Muslim leaders condemning this across the world?

It is a sad day for humanity.

snapper

posted on 14/11/15 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
So why is this government cutting the budgets of Defence, the MI's and the police by so much.
It will happen here and we won't be able to respond

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

spaximus

posted on 14/11/15 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
Just maybe this will make them think twice about some of the cuts. We send millions abroad we need to divert some of that to equip ourselves correctly. remember this has been done by just 8 people, imagine the carnage if it was 20 in differing locations, how would we respond then.

Maybe it will also make some think our open boarders need closing and awkward questions asked of the communities where these sort of radical people come from. The backlash could be huge and probably what those who are organising these attacks want. Big backlash, more converts.

To my mind the next attacks will not be in London, they will be in soft targets where there is less defence and survailance. Look at every shopping centre in the run up to a Christian Holiday, how easy would it be when the best defence there is a fat man in a jumper with a badge to stop carnage?

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.