Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Aries Motorsport chassis supplier?
Mike Wood

posted on 14/11/15 at 11:54 PM Reply With Quote
Aries Motorsport chassis supplier?

Is Aries Motorsport (Steve Huckerby) still going in Derbyshire and making Locost book (750 Motor Club Locost series) chassis?

Their website seems to have gone, and perhaps a similar named company is now in Cardiff.

Cheers
Mike

[Edited on 14/11/15 by Mike Wood]

HappyFather

posted on 15/11/15 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
As far as I know, Aries has moved to Cardiff. Steve is no longer the front man. The site for a while redirected to a Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/ariesmsport

They are also @AriesMotorsport on twitter but I don't do twitter

Cheers,
HappyFather

Lordyplums

posted on 15/11/15 at 01:46 AM Reply With Quote
Try hello@ariesmotorsport.com
029 2089 1746
Still doing book chassis or IRS modified book chassis

phelpsa

posted on 15/11/15 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Wood
Is Aries Motorsport (Steve Huckerby) still going in Derbyshire and making Locost book (750 Motor Club Locost series) chassis?

Their website seems to have gone, and perhaps a similar named company is now in Cardiff.

Cheers
Mike

[Edited on 14/11/15 by Mike Wood]

Bare in mind that the St / Aries chassis isn't to the book, the front end was tweaked to improve the front suspension geometry (book wishbones don't fit).

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Talon Motorsport

posted on 15/11/15 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Does any body know in which way the front was 'tweeked'? I've been asked about making 3 chassis for the 750MC race series.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
twybrow

posted on 15/11/15 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
It will depend upon the age of your chassis. The Stuart Taylor chassis has at least two variations in the mounting point locations. I had fully adjustable top wishbones made by Talon motorsport, as the standard gave me poor self centering. It might be worth doing some measurements and going down the same route. I think they cost me £80 delivered.
Talon Motorsport

posted on 15/11/15 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
When did I make them?
twybrow

posted on 15/11/15 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
About 2 years ago... I was fairly sure it was you. Now you have me questioning myself!
HappyFather

posted on 16/11/15 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
Just to answer the remaining of the Original Poster's question...

Aries is still making chassis after the move. They have just posted on Facebook that they where finishing up a new chassis.
The facebook link

But, as someone said, although the chassis are valid for 750MC races, they are not exactly per book.

Cheers,
HappyFather

BHalvey

posted on 16/11/15 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, we have purchased the rights to Aries from Steve and are located in Cardiff. We have a presence on Facebook and Twitter and a new web page is under construction. We are busy making GRP and have all the moulds, have chassis' in build, new stocks of parts arriving almost daily, a single donor under development for the MX5, plus are further developing the existing IRS chassis as well as building original 'book' chassis.
We will have an active presence in 750mc Sports Specials and Magnificent Sevens next year plus have customers who we will be working with to further improve the cars for Sprint/Hill climb events. All of this will further improve the cars for both road and track.
At most events we are at there will be a full parts backup plus we have a few days planned next year for Aries/ST owners some run outs and track days, some with camping, BBQs and live music, maybe with a beer or two to chat about the day's events.
For those who are up for it we will also be arranging long weekend trips to the Nurburgring 24 and Le Mans 24, both on specially selected roads and routes giving us a chance to enjoy the journey as much as the racing. These weekends we will have a support vehicle, will arrange tickets, ferries, good quality hotels with character in picturesque towns, there will be a camping element at the track, but we can all rough it for one night 😀

Follow us on Twitter, find us on Facebook

www.facebook.com/ariesmsport
@AriesMotorsport

Thanks

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.