Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec 2.0 clutch setup with MT75 gearbox ??
SandeR-desgin

posted on 25/12/15 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
Zetec 2.0 clutch setup with MT75 gearbox ??

Hello.

what parts i need to make the MT75 gearbox working on the 2.0 Zetec.

this is what i already have :

2.0 zetec with standard flywheel and clutch

1.8 fly wheel and clutch.

MT75 gearbox.

hope you guys can help me

gr Sander

big_wasa

posted on 25/12/15 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
You can use either flywheel. The 2.0 is 240mm and the 1.8 is 220mm with the exception of the 130ps spec 1.8 that had the 2.0 flywheel.

The 2.0 is heavier but easier to find a clutch for it as the 2.0 has a 1" 23 spline like the mt75 and t9

The 1.8 could have the 1" 23 spline drive but is more likely to have the smaller centre for the lower spec Ib5.

You then need the mt75 thrust bearing but because the fwd flywheel is half as thick as the dohc it's not deep enough.
You have two options.

The Westfield way is to glue a 20mm steel spacer to the bearing. Expect to pay £100

The Gbs way is a 20mm longer clutch fork pivot. Expect to pay £20.

Some one came up with a proper Locost solution of pressing the old pivot out and tapping it. Then grinding a hex bolt head into a ball to give an udgustable pivot point. Cost pence.

Starter should be the one that was bolted to the mt75 but there are multi differances and options.

zetec

posted on 26/12/15 at 06:28 AM Reply With Quote
When I built mine I got a clutch from Dunnel Engines, that came with release bearing which looked pretty standard and just fitted to the MT75 without any more. No idea what it was from though, might be worth giving them a call.

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.