Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pebble Steel Smart Watch £55 - SOLD
rm0rgan

posted on 29/12/15 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
Pebble Steel Smart Watch £55 - SOLD

Santa bought me an Apple watch so I have for sale my Pebble steel smart watch with both metal and leather straps. All boxed and in good order.
Watch sells for £150 new on pebble website - Steel strap is £25 on its own so bargain at this price for both.

Works with both Android and IOS phones and with Misfit for fitness and sleep tracking. Running latest pebbletime firmware so has timeline etc. Waterproof and lasts more than 5 days between charges. Vibrates for texts, phone calls and notifications etc.

Backlit display, simple to use and set up and looks great with the metal strap fitted - let me know which you want fitted and I will fit it before posting.

Add £5 P&P if not collecting and it'll be tracked and insured for next day delivery.

[Edited on 30/12/15 by rm0rgan]

Sigs are uncool.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Antnicuk

posted on 29/12/15 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
hi, how old is the watch?

600 BHP per ton, Stylus Brought back from the dead! Turbo Rotary Powered!

rm0rgan

posted on 30/12/15 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Apologies - Watch is now Sold

Sigs are uncool.

UncleFista

posted on 31/12/15 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Seeing as I missed out on this one, I had a search and ordered one from Currys.
They're on sale at £79.99 but no steel strap.

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

rm0rgan

posted on 1/1/16 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UncleFista
Seeing as I missed out on this one, I had a search and ordered one from Currys.
They're on sale at £79.99 but no steel strap.

That's a great deal. Have to say, a few days into my apple watch experience i don't find it as intuitive as the pebble. Probably will get used to it but the pebble steel also felt more substantial too. Good value smart watch.

I often get asked 'why bother' having one but have to say, you very quickly get used to having it buzz when your phones Ringing or you get a message, so if in a noisy environment (like the car or workshop) you know someone's trying to get hold of you. I'd be lost without one now.

At the weekend however I revert to a normal watch so I'm properly 'off work mode'.

Sigs are uncool.

ChrisW

posted on 1/1/16 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
Out of interest, did you use the Pebble with iOS or Android? I have an original Pebble but have not used it for a very long time due to getting fed up with how poor the integration with iOS was.

It was constantly disconnecting, then it would reconnect and suddenly 40-odd alerts would come through again (repeated from earlier). You also needed a separate app running to get any useful data onto the watch which would inevitably stop running after a period of time. All in all it was a nightmare.

Admittedly I was early in the development of the platform. Have they fixed stuff like this for iOS these days or is it still very much an Android-only product?

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rm0rgan

posted on 1/1/16 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Out of interest, did you use the Pebble with iOS or Android? I have an original Pebble but have not used it for a very long time due to getting fed up with how poor the integration with iOS was.

It was constantly disconnecting, then it would reconnect and suddenly 40-odd alerts would come through again (repeated from earlier). You also needed a separate app running to get any useful data onto the watch which would inevitably stop running after a period of time. All in all it was a nightmare.

Admittedly I was early in the development of the platform. Have they fixed stuff like this for iOS these days or is it still very much an Android-only product?

Chris

I used IOS - Have to say I never had any such problems as you described. You do have to run the app in the background, however it was perfectly stable and didn't cause me any issues - if I closed it inadvertently, my phone would simply ask if I wanted to allow it to run and connected automatically. They have just released new firmware (as in the last week or so) to allow all watches to operate their 'timeline' function. This means updating the firmware, deleting the old Pebble app and installing their new Pebbletime app and that all seemed fine and worked for me. Maybe give it an update :-)

Sigs are uncool.

ChrisW

posted on 1/1/16 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rm0rgan
I used IOS - Have to say I never had any such problems as you described. You do have to run the app in the background, however it was perfectly stable and didn't cause me any issues - if I closed it inadvertently, my phone would simply ask if I wanted to allow it to run and connected automatically. They have just released new firmware (as in the last week or so) to allow all watches to operate their 'timeline' function. This means updating the firmware, deleting the old Pebble app and installing their new Pebbletime app and that all seemed fine and worked for me. Maybe give it an update :-)

Thanks for the information. Sounds like I need to dig it out and have another go.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.