Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Classic Car EFI Conversions - Daimler
BaileyPerformance

posted on 15/1/16 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
Classic Car EFI Conversions - Daimler

Hello,

Thought you guys maybe interested the Daimler 250 we have been working on.

We have been working we a local Jag restorer for a while now, interesting (and expensive!) stuff.

The Daimler is a 2.5L OHV V8 that was originally fitted with a pair of 1 3/4 inch SUs, we converted to EFI used Jenvey TBs, two injectors in each TB, staged.

MSD6A ignition all controlled by Megasquirt MS2

http://www.classic-motor-cars.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.531898643658512.1073741875.308612122653833

The car gained 41BHP and 9MPG. Thats having your cake and eating it!

We have used the same basic system before, will work where ever an SU or stromberg was - Mini / jag XK / Austin Healey / MGB

Cheers Dale.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jeffw

posted on 15/1/16 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
What is the max BHP and torque ?

BaileyPerformance

posted on 15/1/16 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
What is the max BHP and torque ?

Stock 140BHP, with EFI 181BHP

I was unable to get a real torque reading as the car has an auto box, i suspect the car gained more low down power than anything else, the guys a CMC commented it was very very lively compared to a stock Daimler V8 (which are normally sluggish)

Torque estimate at 200-220lb/ft.

We also raised the CR form 8.3/1 to 10/1 which would account for most of the low end power hike.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 15/1/16 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
That is nice Dale.

I'll be booking my E Type in with you shortly, I've got the efi loom in, fitted the lambda, and started on the manifold, and doing a few behind the dash mods to get the MS2 in.

I've gone with the plenum setup below rather than ITBs, so should be interesting.....

plenum done 4
plenum done 4

BaileyPerformance

posted on 15/1/16 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
That is nice Dale.

I'll be booking my E Type in with you shortly, I've got the efi loom in, fitted the lambda, and started on the manifold, and doing a few behind the dash mods to get the MS2 in.

I've gone with the plenum setup below rather than ITBs, so should be interesting.....

plenum done 4
plenum done 4

Looks good, i did port injection on a 4.2 afew years ago, did struggle to get i nice idle, i put it down to the fuel getting lost in the massive ports. It seemed sensitive to injection timing and the type of injector used. It ran best on 1800 zetec injectors (wide cone spray pattern)

Also MAF if best. (avoids pesky IAT sensor)

Anyway, we'll sort it on the day :-)

perksy

posted on 16/1/16 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
Very nice that Dale

They do some lovely work at CMC (a mate used to work there) and they have gone from strength to strength since starting up

BaileyPerformance

posted on 16/1/16 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by perksy
Very nice that Dale

They do some lovely work at CMC (a mate used to work there) and they have gone from strength to strength since starting up

Thank You :-)
I spent a couple of weeks at CMC working with Bob Brookes getting the fuel injection hardware sorted, then the car was transported to my workshop where i installed the new ECU / loom / MSD and mapped.

Everyone was very pleased with the outcome, the owner came over from Singapore to test drive before shipping. She commented how much more powerful and smoother the car was than before.

We are no looking at supercharging an XK engine for use in a Mk2 or an E type. 400+BHP. (top secret!)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.