Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec turbo conversion
Shooter63

posted on 16/1/16 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Zetec turbo conversion

Hi all,
Long storey short, due to the change of Rops regulations this year I've decided I'm not going to sprint the car, so I can build the engine how I want. I quite like the idea of a turbocharged engine, I'm more or less settled on an exhaust manifold ( boost performance ) the turbo will either be a disco potato or a holset hx30 . My main problem is that the engine is running jenvey throttle bodies which I would like to keep, I know that jenvey make a plenum for them but at quite a cost. I'm pretty sure people have used a pulsar plenum in the past on a zetec but I'm not 100% if it was with the throttle bodies, if any of you guys can point me the right way, it would be appreciated.

Regards

Shooter

BaileyPerformance

posted on 16/1/16 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
If you can stretch to the cost of a jenvey plenum then thats the way to go, throttle bodies do give slightly better throttle response over a common plenum even with a turbo.

What engine management are you using?

If you keep the TBs you will need the ability to run hybrid / mixed mode fuelling. Alpha N (TPS) with speed density (MAP) on top.

If you switch just to a common plenum with a big single TB then just run speed density.

We have done both of the above in the past.

Cheers Dale

www.facebook.com/baileyperformance

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Shooter63

posted on 16/1/16 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
That's for the reply, dropping the thick end of a grand on a jenvey plenum sort of makes me shudder, especially as I've seen pictures of them blowing out after a back fire, hence hoping to use the pulsar plenum.
The car uses an emerald ecu, so I think I should be ok.

Shooter

coozer

posted on 16/1/16 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=149161

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

jeffw

posted on 16/1/16 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Or this

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=201309

which shows a number of options.

Shooter63

posted on 10/2/16 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Just as an update, I've just picked up a complete plenum off a pulsar today, the runner stubs look fairly close to jenvey set up, when I get time I'll get a decent measuring stick out and have a good look. The idea at the moment is to mill the stubs off flush weld a plate on the bottom with the correct spacings/stud holes and blend in where necessary.

Shooter

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.