Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Workshop equipment
Nick Skidmore

posted on 19/1/16 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Workshop equipment

I'm changing some of my kit so the following are up for grabs, I'd usually do the well known auction site thing but I'll offer on here first:-

Guyson Blast Cabinet and Vacuum unit, it's a 4B or 2B (can't remember which but is quite compact) it's an old all metal cabinet, could do with new gloves, I put a new glass in it and have always used a protector.

Meddings floor standing pillar drill, proper British tool, solid and heavy. 2MT sleeve, 3 phase but I have a foot mounted single phase motor to convert. Has a slightly temperamental switch and first 2 teeth on rack are damaged but depth stop used to run on good teeth.

Floor standing 12"polishing mop / 12" wire brush (one ea. end of spindle). Speed is around 1400 rpm. 240V.

A4 linisher, not the size of an A4 sheet but that's the name cast in to it, heavy and british on wheeled bench with wind down feet to stabilise. 1.5HP (British horses not Chinese). Will linish anything without stopping, fearsome with a new belt on. Has been guarded for safety. 3ph runs well on converter.

Clarke Plasma King 25, proper copper wound, not an inverter so quite heavy, not used a lot (10 times max) but last time I tried it the machine would not register air pressure so would not strike the arc. Simple fix perhaps??

Plasma king is in good cosmetic nick, others have seen active service all their lives but are better than modern stuff.

PM or nicktheskid@hotmail.co.uk or 07903 474191

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
theprisioner

posted on 19/1/16 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
Those Meddings pillar drills are awesome, better than that eastern crap any day. I have had one for years would not part with it.

http://sylvabuild.blogspot.com/

http://austin7special.blogspot.co.uk/

nick205

posted on 20/1/16 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
Were you closer I would look at taking some stuff.

The floor standing pillar drill sounds very interesting - I have a £60 Clarke bench mounted pillar drill which struggles with bigger holes.

Nick Skidmore

posted on 20/1/16 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Only the pillar drill remains
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Nick Skidmore

posted on 20/1/16 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
All gone

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.