Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS MAP Megajolt ECU
r1_pete

posted on 19/2/16 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
FS MAP Megajolt ECU

Anyone need a megajolt ECU?

As my E Type is running Squirt now, the jolt is surplus.

Its about 4 / 5 years old, includes a new molex plug and pins, as I had intended using on a V8, which really isn't going to happen.

If you're running a 6, I have an EDIS6 and a Vauxhall 6 cyl coilpack available too - same resistance as the ford coil pack but different terminals.

Is £75 about right for the MJLJ? I'll include postage at that, I'm sure it cost me just short of £200 landed in the UK.

Reply here so others know to wait should there be a queue,

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sevaun

posted on 19/2/16 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
If it will convert to 4 cyl my son will probably take it off you for his Nova. Do you know if it will run a 4 cylinder please?

Thanks

Rich

snapper

posted on 19/2/16 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
Megajolt uses the EDIS so just buy an EDIS 4 cylinder version and away you go

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

sevaun

posted on 19/2/16 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
If you can confirm it will run 4 cylinder using an Edis 4 I'll take it off your hands for £75.PM me with details of how you'd like payment.

Thanks

Rich

r1_pete

posted on 19/2/16 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
Yes it will definitely run a 4 cylinder, it is the EDIS unit which dictates the number of cylinders, all the jolt does is vary the timing in relation to engine speed and load.

Obviously it has my 6 Cylinder XK map in there which will probably get you going as that is not cylinder count dependent either.

The tach out is set to 6 cylinder, but that is a simple parameter change, providing your tach is designed for electronic pulses, and not high voltage kickback from a conventional distributor.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sevaun

posted on 19/2/16 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hi
Thanks for the info. I've spoken now to my son who confirms it will do what he wants. He'll sort payment out tonight after work, how do you want paying?

Thanks

Richard

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.