Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Holiday Idea's
omega0684

posted on 25/2/16 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Holiday Idea's

Evening all,

I hope you are well? just wanted to ask the forum for some holiday ideas for me and the misses. budget between £1k-£2k for 14 days or so. Did Tenerife last year for a cheapish break and it was nice and Bali & KL a couple of year back, thinking of something a little exotic. We both like the sun so a warmer climate would be good, looking for late September/October get away with temperatures between 30-35 degrees. my first though was Thailand but would like to get the thoughts and reviews of others. Kind of want to stay away from South America with the Zika Virus going on at the moment

All the best guys & girls

Alex

[Edited on 25/2/16 by omega0684]

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 25/2/16 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
I guess that's 14 days not weeks !!! Cape Verde ? A different island on canaries as there all a bit different .i know a few people that have gone to Mexico in the past and have enjoyed it .

[Edited on 25/2/16 by ian locostzx9rc2]

omega0684

posted on 25/2/16 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
thanks, edited. Yes, 14 days not weeks.

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dave Bailey

posted on 25/2/16 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Tala Cyprus great weather that time of year....
sdh2903

posted on 25/2/16 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Cape Verde is nice for a lazy lie in the resort kind of holiday but if you want to explore then nowt to do really. How about sri Lanka. Mauritius? Goa is popular as a winter destination too, I went with work for 4 days and loved it. Great beaches and cheap as chips. The locals were very friendly aswell.
Slater

posted on 25/2/16 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
Try Cape Town and along the Garden Route, with the SA Rand dropping like a stone recently, it's a very cheap place right now. Food and Wine is high quality and low price, amazing scenery too.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

coozer

posted on 25/2/16 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
We go to Tenerife in September cause its the hottest month of the year, boiling last year. Just booked flights and an apartment through holidaylettings and its about £1100 for 2 weeks. We stay at the top end of los christianos where Eric Bristow lives as well as a lot of ex pats

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

LBMEFM

posted on 26/2/16 at 05:56 AM Reply With Quote
Anywhere in Asia is brilliant, some areas may not be as slick and modern as some other continents but the people and experience is superb. India - Mubia, Deli can be hectic but a good base to see northern states, avoid Goa, for Indian beach relaxing holidays try Kerala, we start our travels there every year. Cambodia, friendliest people you will ever meet, beautiful countryside.Vietnam again an amazing country. Malaysia, modern cities, Singapore, nice. Indonesia is again beautiful, Bali a bit commercial. Thailand, again beautiful but Bangkok is a bit seedy and some popular beaches are very crowded. Avoid Hong Kong, now getting tired and expensive

As above, If you don't mind unsophisticated travel and resorts that can sometimes be a bit scruffy I would highly recommend .Kovalam Beach, India. Hotels for about £25 - £30 per night, Daily budget for the beach, sunbed, lunch and evening meal £20. Travel very cheaply by local bus and trains for longer journeys and if you are feeling a bit flush a tuk-tuk or even an Austin Ambassador taxi. As said India is scruffy, chaotic, dusty and sometimes smelly but it's the most unique and spiritual country in the world and like Marmite you will either love it or hate it.

David Jenkins

posted on 26/2/16 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
Agree about Hong Kong - been there a few times now as it's a stop-over point for Australia, where my daughter and family live.

Loved it the first time we went, but hated it the last time - horribly hot, rained every hour, all the buildings are decrepit, being rebuilt, or brand new - every third building is a building site. The only time the weather's decent is when we don't want to go to Oz! Went over the harbour to Kowloon, which is where the expensive shops are, and we were pestered by street touts on every corner selling dodgy watches etc.

May try Singapore next time...

sprintB+

posted on 26/2/16 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
Due to travel restrictions I get to the Algarve every September and love it. My son discovered Goa a few years back and now spends 3 weeks there every year. Dirt cheap, great people and so relaxing. Food is an experience but never been hit with the trots !!
russbost

posted on 26/2/16 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
Is that budget £1 -2k total or each? If it's each then I would second S.Africa, probably the best hols we've ever had, but you won't do it on £1k a head (unless you're backpacking), even £2k a head would be tight, it's super cheap out there but expensive flights. We hired a car & drove all around the Cape & then the garden route - incredible place & scenery.

Goa might be a possibility, but be prepared for shocking poverty as soon as you get away from tourist centres, Greece/Cyprus/Turkey all dirt cheap & weather still good at that time of year, of those 3 we've enjoyed Turkey the most, incredibly friendly people. Of the Canaries La Gomera is by far the least touristy & I found the most fascinating, tho' Lanzarote is also worth a look, Lanzarote tends to be a bit "love it or hate it" & varies enormously from massively over developed areas like Puerto del Carmen, to the Costa Teguise which is much quieter & less spoiled

Make sure you do your homework on best time to go to places as the wrong time of year choice can ruin a hol!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Shooter63

posted on 26/2/16 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Jaywick

You can proberly buy the whole place for 2k

loggyboy

posted on 26/2/16 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Wife and i did an all inclusive for a week in Dominican Republic a few years back for about 500 each. Was a relaxing time and lovely complex.
Just wouldn't want to do more than week in one place and where wasnt to keen on venturing out of town.

Mistral Motorsport

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.