Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA Application Times
Jamesc

posted on 11/3/16 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
IVA Application Times

Evening folks.

Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes to get an IVA test after applying? Do you apply and await a call from the test center?

Basically, I think I'm almost finished (maybe 2-3 weeks), so need to start thinking about IVA... Nervous already...

Thanks, James

metel matt

posted on 11/3/16 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi I sent my IVA papers of on the first of March and I've got it all booked up for the test on the first of April.
You will also get emails from VOSA durring your application then the test centre wil contact you to make an apiontment.
I also think it comes down to how busy the test centre is.
Good luck with your IVA

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/50/viewthread.php?tid=202165&page=1#pid1700989

Toprivetguns

posted on 11/3/16 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
So far for myself at Leighton Buzzard.

Form sent last Friday
Email confirming arrival Monday
Email stating my application was successful on Wednesday
Paid £450 Wednesday night
Awaiting phone call for test date

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

Jamesc

posted on 11/3/16 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
That's not too bad then. So the test centre ring you? I assume you can pick a date rather than having to have the next one available?
ianhurley20

posted on 11/3/16 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamesc
That's not too bad then. So the test centre ring you? I assume you can pick a date rather than having to have the next one available?

Don't know the answer to your questions I'm afraid but I live near to Norwich and will soon be at your stage as far as IVA. Would love to be able to help/shadow you through IVA and help where possible - eg I have a trailer to get to IVA with?
Ian

Jamesc

posted on 11/3/16 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ianhurley20
quote:

Don't know the answer to your questions I'm afraid but I live near to Norwich and will soon be at your stage as far as IVA. Would love to be able to help/shadow you through IVA and help where possible - eg I have a trailer to get to IVA with?
Ian

Hi Ian,

That's very helpful actually, even if you could look over the car with fresh eyes maybe? I have a small bit of wiring to do and then it's a case of testing, trimming and setting everything up!

Sod Law though... I'm ~8 miles south of Norwich - Good job Norwich is tiny!

Cheers, James

Toprivetguns

posted on 12/3/16 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

You choose your proffered testing station on the application form along with a date and morning/afternoon slot.
I believe the test centre call you once funds have cleared to confirm your chosen date.

There is plenty more information on here and the .Gov website on filling out the IVA forms.

Good Luck

ianhurley20

posted on 12/3/16 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
Hi James, U2U sent.
Ian

theduck

posted on 12/3/16 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Toprivetguns
So far for myself at Leighton Buzzard.

Form sent last Friday
Email confirming arrival Monday
Email stating my application was successful on Wednesday
Paid £450 Wednesday night
Awaiting phone call for test date

When I did mine last year it was still a number of weeks after I got the email and paid before they approved the actually approved application, they admitted at the time the wording is bad.

Edit to add

First email "application accepted" means they are checking the content of what you sent

Second email then is "application assessed" which confirms they have looked at it

Third email is "ready for inspection" which is when they have released it to he test centre who will then call you to book your appointment.

There was 5 weeks between the first and second email when I applied last year and then the wait for the test centre to have a date available.

[Edited on 12/3/16 by theduck]

Toprivetguns

posted on 12/3/16 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting, I can only assume every test centre is different.

Fingers crossed they have the date I would like.

garyt

posted on 13/3/16 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
as above they processed me really quickly
20/02/16 posted (snail mail) along with copy of major receipts and a selection of pics
24/02/16 email from them to say they had received it and issued a ref #
25/02/16 email saying app accepted please pay
25/02/16 letter on door with returned receipts
26/02/16 paid them
26/02/16 emailed receipt from them
26/02/16 email application sent to TaSS for processing
29/02/16 email application released
02/03/16 missed phone call from test station
03/03/16 called back and was given their next available slot, very apologetic that it could not be sooner as they have to allow 5 hours for the test, tester also had "a chat" with me bring some tools trim bits and pieces...
sorted out insurance
13 DAYS TO GO

the date they allocate really depends on their own schedule as they said they have to allocate 5 hours for the test even if the don't use it,
I would get your app in now and you can say when the vehicle is available from thus getting the app in but still giving you some time to finish
hth Gary

remember we are not mad just creatively insane !!!!!

Jamesc

posted on 15/4/16 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
Update for anyone applying soon.

I pressed the go button on the application last Thursday (7th April) and received confirmation the next morning... Paid that afternoon.

Just received 3 emails in quick succession (Processed, Successfully Assessed and Released for Inspection) today - Friday 15th April.

Just waiting to hear from the test station now... All been handled quicker than I thought it would so far.

Toprivetguns

posted on 15/4/16 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
What date have you applied for ? You should hear from your test station fairly soon. Good luck and keep us updated !

[Edited on 15/4/16 by Toprivetguns]

garyt

posted on 15/4/16 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
good luck with the test, check and recheck everything

remember we are not mad just creatively insane !!!!!

Jamesc

posted on 15/4/16 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
I put on the form that it will be ready from Monday 2nd May... which happens to be a bank holiday! But I suppose that gives me a bank hol weekend to check it again.

Thanks for the luck, I think I may need it.

Jamesc

posted on 18/4/16 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
Had a phone call from the test centre this morning... Woman on the phone was very nice and gave me some tips on what to bring and what the tester likes to see.

She also apologised for the long wait, but the IVA is booked for 17th May. I'm not too bothered as it gives me more time to check, check and re-check. Also, it should still see road this summer!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.