Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: it is time to get a dashcam
02GF74

posted on 12/3/16 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
it is time to get a dashcam

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-35771201





Visit China. Meet the child that made your trainers.


View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Johneturbo

posted on 12/3/16 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
That road isn't far from me. I'm starting to think it's worth having one not just for the crash for cash but the lower standard of driving!
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
balidey

posted on 12/3/16 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
I've decided its time for me to get one, or maybe two, one for front, one for rear.
They are so affordable now it makes sense.
I think most of us could fill a Youtube channel with the idiots we come across on the roads every other day.





Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slimy38

posted on 12/3/16 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
I've had mine in the car now for about twelve months. I was going to put some of the footage online, but it got so frequent that it was difficult to pick a reasonable amount that wouldn't just become monotonous.

That particular one is a little extreme, but I've seen some that aren't far behind.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 12/3/16 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
I've had mine in the car now for about twelve months. I was going to put some of the footage online, but it got so frequent that it was difficult to pick a reasonable amount that wouldn't just become monotonous.

That particular one is a little extreme, but I've seen some that aren't far behind.



If you watch the video its in front.


Seriously, what cam have you got, can it record clear details at night too?





Visit China. Meet the child that made your trainers.


View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
morcus

posted on 12/3/16 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
I've been thinking the same, earlier this month a colleague had an accident that I we both think is a scam and that a dash cam would prove.





In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 12/3/16 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Ebay item
111671443483

30 quid well spent or chucked down the big.


[Edited on 12/3/16 by 02GF74]





Visit China. Meet the child that made your trainers.


View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
geoff shep

posted on 12/3/16 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
This is a good site for research - he's done a new' beginners' guide to dash cams' too:

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/category/car-dvr-dashcams

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slimy38

posted on 12/3/16 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
I've had mine in the car now for about twelve months. I was going to put some of the footage online, but it got so frequent that it was difficult to pick a reasonable amount that wouldn't just become monotonous.

That particular one is a little extreme, but I've seen some that aren't far behind.



If you watch the video its in front.


Seriously, what cam have you got, can it record clear details at night too?


It's a G1WH, seemed to be the most popular and well regarded of the cheap kit. Lots of stuff on youtube showing low light/night footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSFu1H2GgKk

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
RoadkillUK

posted on 12/3/16 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by geoff shep
This is a good site for research - he's done a new' beginners' guide to dash cams' too:

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/category/car-dvr-dashcams


I second this, great youtube channel too.





Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tegwin

posted on 12/3/16 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
Ebay item
111671443483





Looks like a nice bit of kit but its quite intrusive, anyone know any cheap cameras without a screen? Something with an iphone app would be much more useful.





------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RoadkillUK

posted on 12/3/16 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
Check out this camera, the page has a good review and links to watch the quality, also links to buy too.

Linky Dink





Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
geoff shep

posted on 13/3/16 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin

Looks like a nice bit of kit but its quite intrusive, anyone know any cheap cameras without a screen? Something with an iphone app would be much more useful.


Yes - the link we have both recommended has plenty - have you looked at it?

Or you can get a dash cam app for your iPhone, many are free.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
mk85

posted on 13/3/16 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
I've decided to get one. I was driving into my work and I was on the inside lane of a filtering road. A guy decided to try go around me at the last second by over taking 3 cars and cutting across the front of me. I had to brake causing the cars behind me to brake nearly causing an accident.

I honked on the horn as this was happening. The guy gave me the wanker sign out of the window and I just shook my head.

Further down the road we stopped in traffic and he got out and stared to walk back to me angry as hell. I put the window down and said to him " if you want to make somthing of this its all on camera" instantly changed his facial expression from angry to apologetic.

I don't even have a camera but look how it defused the situation.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 13/3/16 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
There's an android app too. Your smart phone has everything you need - camera, GPS, big memory, motion sensors etc.





Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slimy38

posted on 13/3/16 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
There's an android app too. Your smart phone has everything you need - camera, GPS, big memory, motion sensors etc.


and chronic battery life when running all that...

Seriously, if I run my phone with all that running, the 2A USB power socket still cannot keep up. My phone would be flat in about an hour. GPS on it's own is about as much as I can get away with.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply


go to top






Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [ 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.