Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dax 7 BARGAIN
lordbenny

posted on 13/3/16 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Dax 7 BARGAIN

Crikey this is a PROPER BARGAIN, unusual engine choice but incredible price and what looks like great build quality! I'd be all over this is I didn't already have a Westfield!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=191825793488&globalID=EBAY-GB

[Edited on 13/3/16 by lordbenny]

SJ

posted on 13/3/16 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Needs an IVA but does look like good value.
wylliezx9r

posted on 13/3/16 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lordbenny
Crikey this is a PROPER BARGAIN, unusual engine choice but incredible price and what looks like great build quality! I'd be all over this is I didn't already have a Westfield!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=191825793488&globalID=EBAY-GB

I don't think it's that cheap considering it's not running or iva'd. Part built kit cars never seem to fetch much money.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2750
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 13/3/16 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Agree with above and certainly not the most sought after sevenesque car albeit a good quality kit.
Bluemoon

posted on 13/3/16 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
It's only good value if that's what you want (spec, engine, kit etc, and your happy complete the electrics and IVA it), it's not priced the market rate for a none IVA'd car.
lordbenny

posted on 13/3/16 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry but it's not IVA'd because it's BRAND NEW, you can see the quality of the build...that's a £15,000 car all day long. Personally not my kind of '7' but certainly a bargain if if its not IVA'd.
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 13/3/16 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Unwired, non-running, with the remaining 5% of the build requiring 95% of the time.

If you want to run this is a competition car, there's more to do too. I do 'love' the angle on the roll bar...

It's a 'Bargain' if that's what you want, as has been said, but it you don't want this exact set-up, a bargain it does not appear to be (to me that is). Personal choice.

perksy

posted on 13/3/16 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
The only use that rollbar would be is to push the car back into the garage...
wylliezx9r

posted on 13/3/16 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lordbenny
Sorry but it's not IVA'd because it's BRAND NEW, you can see the quality of the build...that's a £15,000 car all day long. Personally not my kind of '7' but certainly a bargain if if its not IVA'd.

Umm 15k car all day long, on what planet?
I've seen an excellent iva'd 300 bhp cosworth one up for 12k.
Never been a fan of the dax rush myself ......too bigand bulky , but I admire the engineering and the quality.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

CosKev3

posted on 13/3/16 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
As above,15k car it's never going to be with that strange engine choice!
SPYDER

posted on 14/3/16 at 01:26 AM Reply With Quote
Prepare to be disappointed if you're expecting "smooth delivery of 200bhp".
It will be smooth alright. Straight six with a mahoosive flywheel! But only 153bhp IIRC.
However, there are aftermarket turbo kits available for this engine...
The AZ6 gearbox is excellent though. I have one on my car.

Build looks OK if you like chrome. The black plastic vents are naff though.

The slightly inflated asking price is there to give him "wiggle room" I expect.

emwmarine

posted on 14/3/16 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
There is a lot of car there for the money. If you want a Rush.

Although I bought an unfinished Rush 2 years ago and had to take it absolutely apart. This one, just by the photos looks pretty well put together. Hoping to get mine for IVA this summer.

Agree about the strange engine choice. If I bought it I would go back to something more saleable and put a zetec in it.

Of course that means repairing the holes in the side for the exhaust and spraying that side.

The Rush is wider than other 7s but stil can be built fairly light. Mine with no windscreen and a bit of attention to weight is just under 600 kg which with a 165 ish zetec should be fairly lively. My last pinto engineed one was pretty good.

Building a Dax Rush.

Irony

posted on 14/3/16 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
I have to say I like the Dax Rush. If I hadn't have bought my Viento I would have got a Dax Rush. Rush owners know how to splash the cash. Those deep dish alloys cost a fortune.

Dax vehicles seem to cost more than most kits and I asked my IVA examiner why that was and he had some negative comments regarding the build quality of Dax's in general. I was surprised at this because like many I assumed they were a 'premium' kit

Dopdog

posted on 14/3/16 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
I only have one comment.

why are all the bits fitted to the car very clean and painted apart from the engine? this has to make you wonder where he lost interest in the car and the horrors you will find.

[Edited on 14/3/16 by Dopdog]

ravingfool

posted on 14/3/16 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like it might be well put together but big heavy straight six way out in front seems a mistake.
mcerd1

posted on 14/3/16 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
I have to say I like the Dax Rush. If I hadn't have bought my Viento I would have got a Dax Rush. Rush owners know how to splash the cash. Those deep dish alloys cost a fortune.

Dax vehicles seem to cost more than most kits and I asked my IVA examiner why that was and he had some negative comments regarding the build quality of Dax's in general. I was surprised at this because like many I assumed they were a 'premium' kit

DJ's typical spec included things like the image split rims (like this cars got) - they are very nice, but not exactly cheap!

I've spent ages finding cheaper alternatives that still look good and reconditioning donor bits to keep costs at the more sensible end of the scale (then blown this out the water with my engine + box upgrades, but at least that actually will make a difference to its performance - I hope....)
I even got 9"x16" deal dish wheels for the rear, but mine are single piece and much much cheaper...

The quality of the GRP from DJ's could be very hit and miss (although they normally replaced bits that were really bad if you asked) and the panels all need a bit of fiddling / trimming to make them fit well, and various bit and bobs can be made better if you take the time...
Unfortunately some customers bought them thinking they would just bolt together in a few weekends like a Caterham or Westfield, alot of these were abandoned other just throw together as per the manual but with no TLC

On the other hand some folk really went the extra mile to make some very nicely built cars, alot of these guys are also the ones who post on the dax owners forum (and here) and who go to the shows etc... and they make the cars look good, but its a reflection of there own skill and time as much as anything else.
(says me who is probably going to let the side down )

Just my own thoughts - but for me it explains why the IVA/SVA tester would have seen some rough examples and you get odd rough looking ones for sale every now and then

Having said all that this particular example looks quite well done, but there are still about 100 things I'd change if I was going to finish it (starting with that engine) flared alloy side panels would cover alot of sins if you needed to cut new holes for exhausts.

So I think the price is realistic and should make for a quickish sale rather than wait months or years for the buyer who wants that exact spec.

Also I should add that the new owners of the rush have reengineered the majority of the car and really seem to be making an effort to bring the rush up several notches - they have even changed the roll bar (I know how much some people hated the old ones)

[Edited on 14/3/2016 by m

[Edited on 14/3/2016 by mcerd1]

-

mcerd1

posted on 14/3/16 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SPYDER...
The AZ6 gearbox is excellent though. I have one on my car...

What are the easy options for an engine swap with this box ?

-

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.