Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The Cult, Sonic Temple
nick205

posted on 14/3/16 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
The Cult, Sonic Temple

From back in the day when a Sony Walkman was cool I've recently dug out The Cult's Sonic Temple album. True to say I was quite a fan back then.

Andybarbet

posted on 14/3/16 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
I've randomly been listening to Faith no more 'angel dust' for the last few evenings, haven't listened to it for too many years.

It's great when you find old albums that youve not heard for a long time.

I'm a bit of an insomniac but if I listen to music with some small in the ear jobbies, im usually off within half an hour, plus I get to listen to some older stuff when I get round to putting it on the ipod. Recently I've been on pearl jam, deep purple, loads of pink Floyd & a bit of guns n roses for good measures.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

ravingfool

posted on 15/3/16 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
From back in the day when a Sony Walkman was cool I've recently dug out The Cult's Sonic Temple album. True to say I was quite a fan back then.

I was only born in 1985, so can't claim to have enjoyed the Cult 'at the time' but I went to see them a couple of weeks back and they were fantastic!

nick205

posted on 15/3/16 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ravingfool
quote:
Originally posted by nick205

I was only born in 1985, so can't claim to have enjoyed the Cult 'at the time' but I went to see them a couple of weeks back and they were fantastic!

Well I do consider myself getting on a bit at 42 this year, but I must admit I didn't even realise they were still around. By the by Sony Walkmans were very cool when I was a kid as was the need to rewind cassettes with a Bic biro to save batteries. None of this MP3 malarky when I was a nipper

ETA...re-reading that 1985 is when I started secondary school as it was back then my thoughts were short, my hair was long!

[Edited on 15/3/16 by nick205]

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 15/3/16 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Sanctuary - still have the 12" single, and still play it occasionally (on my NAD deck)... so there's my age given away.

Sisters of Mercy, Floodland, still plays while I weld... along with many others, mainly ACDC.

I just don't 'get' Justin Bieber... or Tiny Tempah.... I am too old..... clearly.

Shooter63

posted on 15/3/16 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
You young'uns are all the same with your new bands, mc5 in the car at the moment.

Shooter

nick205

posted on 15/3/16 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Sisters of Mercy are another good band. Not listened too much, but great when you do.

AC/DC are also a favourite of mine, cost me a new mouse last time I failed to get tickets.

mark chandler

posted on 15/3/16 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Youngsters, slap on quadraphia loud followed by some small faces then top off with oasis.
Shooter63

posted on 15/3/16 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
Youngsters, slap on quadraphia loud followed by some small faces then top off with oasis.

A man after my own heart, my phone ring tone is The Who live at the Isle of Wight " I'm free"

Shooter

Andi

posted on 15/3/16 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Cult, Sisters, Faith no More.... Excellent stuff.
My claim to fame was getting into a bit of a fracas with Ian Astbury (well, it was more handbags at dawn on my part)
Aaah! Those punky giggy days

nick205

posted on 18/3/16 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andi
Cult, Sisters, Faith no More.... Excellent stuff.
My claim to fame was getting into a bit of a fracas with Ian Astbury (well, it was more handbags at dawn on my part)
Aaah! Those punky giggy days

Grand memories to have - hope your handbag was well loaded with weight

coozer

posted on 18/3/16 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
Just rediscovered Ronni James Dio in Rainbow, Black Sabboth and of course his own band Dio!

For some strange reason been turned back onto Clout as well....

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

02GF74

posted on 18/3/16 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Was into all that goth stuff bitd, sisters, march violets, skeletal family, mission, danse society, play dead, sisterhood, red lorry yellow lorry, jesus and the mary chain, rose of avalanche, cult, fields of the nephilim, balaam and the angel, bought the records, ltd ed 12 singles, made my own t shirts .... now got most of it on cd.

Didnt list bauhaus as got into their music much later.

[Edited on 18/3/16 by 02GF74]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.