Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: More alternator issues
furryeggs

posted on 30/3/16 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
More alternator issues

Can anyone gelp, My alternator came with my retro ford kit. Its a 70 amp ACR type and it seems to have at least 6 terminals.

3 pin plug (2 big 1 small) the small pin has a wire running up to a second set of terminals d+ b+ and w

My loom has the 3 pin pre wired with 1 thin wire (warning light?) and a larger cable (battery), this fits but only if i remove the link wire to the second terminals.

where do a connect up?

I can upload a pic if needed

[Edited on 30/3/16 by furryeggs]

02GF74

posted on 31/3/16 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
3 pin connector, two 6.8 mm spade - connected together - are charge wires; this is higher output alternator so two wires to carry the current. third 4.7 mm is to charge lamps

the others are probably as below.

furryeggs

posted on 1/4/16 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
So i should be able to just run the 3 pin connection, 2x battery leads to +v and 1 to warning light + battery negative to B-. I won't be using split charge so i assume the others can be left?
furryeggs

posted on 13/4/16 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
[img][/img]

spent 5 minutes with my meter checking the connections. there's a few that are all B+, so were do I connect to?

Dusty

posted on 13/4/16 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
You can connect with a standard lucar three pin connector which has two large spades, both B+ and a small spade for the warning light. Take the grey/yellow spade off W.
Or if more convenient bolt main battery pos lead to the B+ terminal at the 7 o'clock position and warning light wire to W at the 5 o'clock position. Either will work fine and it's a matter of convenience, what connectors you already have on your loom, etc.

Oddified

posted on 15/4/16 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by furryeggs
[img][/img]

spent 5 minutes with my meter checking the connections. there's a few that are all B+, so were do I connect to?

From experience using those Lucas A127 alternators, use the stud/nuts to connect to, way more reliable than the 3 lucar connectors if your using a few amps and high rev's.

Ian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.