Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WANTED: Striker / Phoenix / Fury with a Duratec
russtik

posted on 6/4/16 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
WANTED: Striker / Phoenix / Fury with a Duratec

Hi, I'm in the market for Striker, Phoenix or Fury that has an injected Duratec engine. The Duratec is my top preference but I would be willing to hear about other CEC installations that are producing decent power.

Some prerequisites:

- 100% complete and IVA'd.
- IRS chassis.
- No BECs please

What's out there?

Cheers.

SouthernKitCars.com

'Like' SKCC on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Southernkitcars

jeffw

posted on 6/4/16 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
Damn, Zetec with a LA.

Pretty rare beast Russ, there is only a couple of Duratec Furys built as far as I'm aware.

russtik

posted on 6/4/16 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah I realise it's not the most common of builds, hence the shout out. RAW have a Duratec Striker for sale but they want £20k...... not sure what planet they're on.

SouthernKitCars.com

jeffw

posted on 6/4/16 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
We're back to that discussion then

peter030371

posted on 6/4/16 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russtik
Yeah I realise it's not the most common of builds, hence the shout out. RAW have a Duratec Striker for sale but they want £20k...... not sure what planet they're on.

I have mentioned on here how much my 'bargain bucket' Striker Duratec Build has cost me....its the wrong side of £13K! If I had got everything new instead of getting good deals, second hand, ebay bargains for most things including the original car that was stripped and ready to be rebuilt then it would be more than the figure RAW are asking for the demo car they have.

Good luck though but as Jeff said very few about so its not an easy search

russtik

posted on 6/4/16 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by peter030371
If I had got everything new instead of getting good deals, second hand, ebay bargains for most things including the original car that was stripped and ready to be rebuilt then it would be more than the figure RAW are asking for the demo car they have.

As we all know build costs and market value for a car are two completely separate things. RAW won't sell that Striker for that money because there is no buyer out there for it as it makes absolutely no financial sense. Imagine buying that car, running it for a year or two then trying to sell it... how easy would it be to claw back even half the money?

Anyway, back to the point of this thread - does anyone have a car they want to sell?

SouthernKitCars.com

peter030371

posted on 6/4/16 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
......for £20k you can have mine

i'll get my coat now

Worzey

posted on 6/4/16 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
I'm thinking of putting my Luego Velocity up for sale.

It's making plenty of power (248bhp) from a Toyota 4AGE 20v with the RAW Supercharger fitted. Great spec.

Just up the road from you in Crawley if you fancy a look even if its not exactly what you are after.

Caterham R400

russtik

posted on 6/4/16 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Worzey
I'm thinking of putting my Luego Velocity up for sale.

No sorry, it's a Jeremy Phillips car I'm after and if I was to be persuaded elsewhere it would be Westfield or Caterham.

SouthernKitCars.com

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 6/4/16 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
It's a shame people seem to view kitcars as a asset that doesn't depreciate raws duratec striker won't sell for that money but there products are undervalued everyone who buys a new or nearly new (normal) car doesn't let's face it most cars loose 50/60 percent of there cost over 3 years .the problem with raw / Sylva products they where always seen as a budget product admittedly a very good and successful one but they can't seem to shake off this which is a shame as they are one of the most undervalued cars out there .the only seven style cars that hold there money is caterham but they are very very expensive and not all car nuts have that sort of money or can justify spending that sort of money on a toy .
gaz_gaz

posted on 6/4/16 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
How about this? NTDWM but I like it!

Raw Striker, Toyota 4AGE 20v, Rotrex Supercharger, track car, race car

jeffw

posted on 6/4/16 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
it is a very nice car which Russ and I had discussed ....

russtik

posted on 7/4/16 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
It looks like an interesting car and I have to chatted to the owner about it. My personal feeling is that the valuation is high based on my observations of the market so the conversation hasn't progressed any further.

While that car is an intriguing spec I'm keen to find out if there are any N/A Duratec cars out there that someone would be willing to part with.

SouthernKitCars.com

Paul AS

posted on 7/4/16 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
Price high?? Seriously? Wow - I'm speechless. With that spec and the total lack of anything else similar on the market, that looks pretty good value to me.

I appreciate that you want the best deal possible as a buyer, but you get what you pay for, and that's an awful lot of car for the money!!

russtik

posted on 7/4/16 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
I was hoping not to turn this thread into a debate on the relative market values of Strikers but I feel the need to reply to the last comment. A Striker with a supercharged 4AGE appeals to a pretty niche audience and you're also pretty much certain to be buying into a relationship (engine-wise) with RAW also who are (as far as I'm aware) the only company who have any real knowledge over this setup and don't happen to be local to me. From what I've gathered that car has been up for sale over the last 7 months and has yet to find a buyer which leads me to believe the valuation doesn't match what people are willing to pay out in the marketplace. Like I say, I like the sound of the car and it's not a judgement based on its spec per se, I'm just being cautious with how much I'd be prepared to invest in that specific scenario. I'm not looking for 'the best deal possible' I'm just looking to pay a fair rate relative to what I think the market can support. I don't want this thread to impact negatively on the sale of that car, I wish the seller well and if anything I'd happily be proved wrong about my assumptions when it does sell.

Back to the main topic... I want to hear about any Duratec cars out there so can we move on to that if anyone has something to input?

SouthernKitCars.com

jeffw

posted on 7/4/16 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
A Duratec Phoenix/Fury or Striker is pretty niche as well. Certainly a decent spec new Duratec with gearbox/ITBs etc will cost the best part of £8-9K (have a look at Dunnell. SBD, Omex or Raceline) so it would make the car we are not talking about pretty cheap.

TTS Performance will also have experience of the 'other' engined car as will Fury Sportscars who are a little closer.

But as you say, lets get back to the wanted part of this thread.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.