Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luego's at Stoneleigh 2016
jollygreengiant

posted on 12/4/16 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
Luego's at Stoneleigh 2016

Hello chaps and chapess's

I today can confirm that we are booked into the Stoneleigh Kit Car Show for 2016 from 08:00 Saturday the 30th April (for setting up/arriving/etc) until Monday 02 May at close of show.

The usual display stand has been allocated to us of 27B

Entertainment in the Warwick hall on the Sunday night (free to campers) with the bar open at 7.

I would suggest that those camping use the normal Luego pitching up site.

I have to work on the Saturday so doubt that I will be there till Sunday (and probably not camping but who knows).

Lets (please) have a good attendance this year I feel it will be a good one.

See you ALL there.

JGG

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Dave Bailey

posted on 12/4/16 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
I'm away at the moment but if I can get the car back together and persuade the wife to let me go after being away for a month I will hopefully get there on the Sunday...

Dave B

rusty nuts

posted on 12/4/16 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be there but not yet sure if it will be in the Luego , if I can get SWMBO to drive the motorhome I will be . Getting too old for the next tent !
jollygreengiant

posted on 12/4/16 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
I'll be there but not yet sure if it will be in the Luego , if I can get SWMBO to drive the motorhome I will be . Getting too old for the next tent !

I know what you mean.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

jollygreengiant

posted on 15/4/16 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
5 posts (including this one) and three of those are mine. has everyone deserted me (just cos I moved and sold my car). I going to cry now

rusty nuts

posted on 15/4/16 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Clive might be in his Luego IF he hasn't sorted the Suzuki/Ford conversion
twybrow

posted on 15/4/16 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
I am an interloper, with a Stuart Taylor masquerading as a Luego. If the weather is fine then I will be bringing my car and need a place to call home for the day. Would i get past security?
rusty nuts

posted on 16/4/16 at 06:28 AM Reply With Quote
Flutter your eyelashes at JGG and I'm sure you'll be in
SteveWallace

posted on 16/4/16 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
5 posts (including this one) and three of those are mine. has everyone deserted me (just cos I moved and sold my car). I going to cry now

I'm planning on being there on the Monday. I might camp on Sunday night but that's not looking as likely anymore as I have to be away from home before the weekend and after the weekend, plus its SWMBO's birthday during the weekend. I'll take a view closer to the time.

Oh, and having run the petrol tank almost dry for storage over winter, I un-sorned the Viento last weekend, filled the tank and discovered that I have a very small petrol leak that I should really sort out before I drive it far. Fixing it will likely be easy, finding it is going to be the problem as its more of a slow weep than a drip.

NeilP

posted on 16/4/16 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
Re-insured today, MOT next Sat, Tax the following week - hope to be there on Sunday!

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

jollygreengiant

posted on 19/4/16 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWallace
Oh, and having run the petrol tank almost dry for storage over winter, I un-sorned the Viento last weekend, filled the tank and discovered that I have a very small petrol leak that I should really sort out before I drive it far. Fixing it will likely be easy, finding it is going to be the problem as its more of a slow weep than a drip.

Petropatch (Trade name) is good for most fuel tanks made of metal (steel/alli)

rusty nuts

posted on 20/4/16 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
If you have a suspect area try covering it with talcum powder , easiest way I ve found to locate a fuel seepage. If it doesn't find it at least it will smell nice!
Irony

posted on 21/4/16 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
Your fuel tank has been nothing but trouble since you've had it. Very disappointing.
SteveWallace

posted on 24/4/16 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
Your fuel tank has been nothing but trouble since you've had it. Very disappointing.

Yep, that's right. It took Luego three goes just to send me one that fitted and you will remember the 'fun' we had at IVA with it.

Rusty - talc is a good idea, I'll give it a try. It doesn't seem to be dripping whilst in the garage so the leak must be very high - it could be the seal around the fuel gauge sender.

JGG - I have some of that stuff and it does work well. It cured the leak that I found during my IVA test anyway!

Fingers crossed for the weather on the bank holiday.

B33fy

posted on 28/4/16 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Car won't be ready for Stoneleigh sadly, so will not be making the trip. Though not far short of completion, reconnecting pedal box, replacing a few fuel hoses at the back and sorting a couple of little leaks. Then geo set up. Be wise to do a few local proving runs before any long journeys really.

Those that are going, have a good one

jollygreengiant

posted on 28/4/16 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B33fy
Car won't be ready for Stoneleigh sadly, so will not be making the trip. Though not far short of completion, reconnecting pedal box, replacing a few fuel hoses at the back and sorting a couple of little leaks. Then geo set up. Be wise to do a few local proving runs before any long journeys really.

Those that are going, have a good one

She'll be good, the first run she ever had was the early morning drive, with the obligatory NO number plates, (don't you just love speed cameras) from Higham Ferrers, up to Nottingham Vosa test centre. She didn't miss a beat. On the way home even plod ignored me.

NeilP

posted on 1/5/16 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
Great to catch up with a few old and new faces. Shame the weather was on the turn. Surely we are due a year with a roastingly hot early May bank holiday?

If you pay peanuts...

CosKev3

posted on 1/5/16 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NeilP
Great to catch up with a few old and new faces. Shame the weather was on the turn. Surely we are due a year with a roastingly hot early May bank holiday?

It's forecasting worse rain tomoz and a much higher % chance of rain

Was the show worth me risking it tomoz?

NeilP

posted on 1/5/16 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
It was OK. All the main names there but not quite the show it was 10 years ago so fewer of the smaller traders.

If you pay peanuts...

CosKev3

posted on 1/5/16 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NeilP
It was OK. All the main names there but not quite the show it was 10 years ago so fewer of the smaller traders.

Ok cheers.
Don't think I'll be risking the two hour drive in the kit car,have to go in tin top for a nosey.

rusty nuts

posted on 2/5/16 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
The camping area was hardly used compared to previous years , loads of the normal stall missing even Car Builder Solutions stand wa just one man with a few buckets of cable grommets p clips etc , no BGH

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.