Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megasquirt MS2 Map
locost@mintynet.com

posted on 18/4/16 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Megasquirt MS2 Map

I currently have a Megasquirt MS1 with EDIS running a zetec with gsxr 600 throttle bodies, I plan on changing to MS2.

Does anyone have a base map for a similar setup, there are a lot of other basic settings in the MS2 compared to the MS1.

Thanks

Ian

Mash

posted on 19/4/16 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hijack your thread Mate, but what are your plans for old MS1?

if you're selling, I might be interested in a few weeks.......

SPYDER

posted on 19/4/16 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
^^^^^^^ He's probably simply going to replace the chip inside the ECU. That's what most people do.

I'd be interested in the OP's findings regarding the switch as I have contemplated doing the same.
Are you changing ECU's OP, or just replacing the chip?
And if so, where did you get the chip from.
And why do you want to change?

SPYDER

posted on 19/4/16 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't have thought it too difficult to draft an MS2 base map if you have the MS1 version in front of you.
Do you have a means of viewing it Ian?
TunerStudio for example?

locost@mintynet.com

posted on 19/4/16 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
I have the current MS1 map from Tunerstudio, there seems to be a lot other options on MS2 than MS1. Tables in MS2 are larger than MS1/ The CPU will be available but you are probably better buying a complete kit.

I have had a MS2 CPU shipped from a friend in US from diyautotune.com.

The reason for the upgrade is that the Tiger has been neglected over the last few years, my first upgrade was a new type 9 with longer 1st and stronger bearings etc, after fitting this I then had to replace the engine, finally I am going to upgrade the ECU to MS2 for better resolution and tuning ability.

Ian

locost@mintynet.com

posted on 3/9/16 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
Update on the MS2, 2.0 Black top and 2.83 gearbox upgrade. The change from MS1 to MS2 is NOT a straight swap of MS1 Chip to MS2 CPU board. I also had to change the wiring related to the EDIS in/out. I also had to change where the wires for the FAN control and rev display came from.

I have yet to have get it professionally tuned, however I did find a Blacktop Alpha-N map for Spark and Fuel, I have now done about 60 mile with the laptop connected using the MS2 auto tune function. Seem to go V well with the larger engine and the new gearbox etc.

I have at the same time been creating a Arduino based GPS Speedo / data logger which now is connected to the MS2 using the CAN BUS connection, collecting data from the MS2. I still have to fix this more permanently to the car. I will add photos to my website when I do.

I'll post another update when I get it onto the rolling road.

Ian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.