Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: First run of the year
mjb199

posted on 24/4/16 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
First run of the year

After several winter mods (quick rack, 13 inch wheels, full windscreen, steering geometry sorted, new steering wheel, tidy up of bodywork) I finally drove my MK Indy today and am delighted with how it's handling. Engine running sweetly as ever. I've included a photo of how the car looks at the moment. I'm sure a few of you will recognise it (especially those of you who have owned it previously)

nero1701

posted on 24/4/16 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
Looks lovely mate
sonic

posted on 24/4/16 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
That's my old car, i was the second owner after the guy who built it in Sheffield.

Really nice car that and well put together, that dashboard was one of 4 ever made and i know who had 2 of them, wish i could have found the mold. in my opinion one of the bast dashes in a kit.

I only sold it as i needed the money for a business venture other wise it would still be in my garage, the bike carbs got put on by the guy i sold it to, i had them and sold them with the car.

I am please to see it is being loved and looked after, in my opinion one of the best MK's on the road.

All the best

Mick

mjb199

posted on 24/4/16 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mick - yes it's a cracking car. I remember asking you a few questions when I bought the car a few years back and I thought I saw a picture of it you had posted a few weeks ago. I'm glad you spotted my post so you can see what it looks like now. I hope you're enjoying your new MK.
sonic

posted on 25/4/16 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mate

What does it handle like on 13s, is there a big difference ?

mjb199

posted on 25/4/16 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Yes it made a significant difference on the road. Better ride and steering feel. Haven't tried it on a track though.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.