Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone else manage their own stocks / shares / ISA / ETFs? brexit chat!!
bi22le

posted on 26/4/16 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone else manage their own stocks / shares / ISA / ETFs? brexit chat!!

I have been trying to work out when and where to put some monies as we approach the big vote.

I feel its a given the FTSE and pound will drop as the various markets loose confidence. Im not in it for the short term but do try to manage my assets. I see this as an opportunity to manage risk and potentially sell hi and buy back low, selling short if you wish.

But what to do with the cash while it all pans out, i think it maybe over the course of a year.

Gold commodity is still going strong but im also liking the noise the oil giants are making.

Im thinking of buying into oil as its mega low and everybody in the energy sector is try to get it back up from the $30 to $120 per barrwl it once was.

Thoughts?

[Edited on 26/4/16 by bi22le]

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

nick205

posted on 27/4/16 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
I used a Halifax lead stocks service to purchase and manage some shares online. I appreciate your thoughts on buying in for the long term, but given the time, complexity and effort involved I decided to sell out and put my money in an ISA. IMHO the income tax had been paid on it and at present ISAs offer a tax free way of saving. It does have to be said that current interest rates are not great and you do have to remember to move them when the often first year interest rate drops to a ridiculously low rate. However I still view it as a better way to store my money at present.

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but I felt it worth contributing my thoughts and approach. I also invest through work into a pension fund, but do worry as to what it will actually be worth on retirement (and what my retirement age will end up being (42 right now)).

inkafone

posted on 27/4/16 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
I use the sharecentre - a good site for info as well.
bi22le

posted on 27/4/16 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
I use iweb to deal.

Unfortunately that was not the direction of my question. It was more of what others are feeling regarding the brexit and how they ate going to manage their assets during this unsettling time.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

SteveWallace

posted on 27/4/16 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
As the vote is anticipated to be close, I would imagine that the FTSE has already gone down a bit in anticipation, but not as far as it might do if we vote to leave. Therefore whatever you decide to do your gambling.

If you invest now and we stay in, the FTSE will probably go up a bit so you win, but if we vote to leave it may go down so you loose. On the other hand, if you wait to see what happens and we vote to stay in you may feel that you've missed an opportunity for a quick gain. If we vote to leave and the market drops then it will be a good time to buy as it will eventually recover.

Not that I actually know anything, so, as always, on your head bee it.

mark chandler

posted on 27/4/16 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Kind of related, we are thinking about renegotiating our mortgage incase interest rates spiral.

That's the problem with the lack of facts, if we come out how long will it be before the impact occurs?

[Edited on 27/4/16 by mark chandler]

Jeano

posted on 28/4/16 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
I used Etoro to buy CFDs and do some Forex trading but i lost money over a few months so gave up.

I however am going to invest some money in property Partner.

https://propertypartner.co/howitworks/howitworks

Drives: MK Indy F20c with hairdryer

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.