Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: a few questions
Mark100

posted on 27/4/16 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
a few questions

Couple of questions as its about time to start putting stuff in its final place
1. breather catch tank for the oil what hieght in relation to the rocker cover ? does it need to be highter
2. header tank for water anywere on rear shelf ok or need to be specific
3. is it a good idea to put ecu,s under the dash or protected from the elimants in the engine bay ive seen all whitch is bests
4. the tape that goes round the nosecone were it touches the bonnet any type to use in particular ??? neoprene ??
thanks

steve m

posted on 27/4/16 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
"Couple of questions as its about time to start putting stuff in its final place "

1. breather catch tank for the oil what hieght in relation to the rocker cover ? does it need to be highter
"Mine is around the top of the rocker cover, and the feed pipe is horizontal with the can, and cover"

2. header tank for water anywere on rear shelf ok or need to be specific
"not applicable in my case"

3. is it a good idea to put ecu,s under the dash or protected from the elimants in the engine bay ive seen all whitch is bests
"again not applicable on a xflow, but i would mount it inside if i did have one"

4. the tape that goes round the nosecone were it touches the bonnet any type to use in particular ??? neoprene ??
thanks

"20mm x 10mm rubber sticky back trim, bought from a kit car show, so unablet find its name, sorry!"

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

big-vee-twin

posted on 27/4/16 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
Mount catch tank on shelf at raer of engine next to it mount your expansion tank for water.

ECU under dash as they do not like heat mine is in top of passenger footwell and easy accessible.

You can get 20 x3 mm foam tape off ebay.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

nick205

posted on 27/4/16 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
On my Pinto engine MK Indy I mounted the oil catch tank on the front of the scuttle under the bonnet. It was probably level with the cam cover, but it was above the block vent. In 3 years I never had a drop of oil in it so question if I needed it.

Mark100

posted on 27/4/16 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
thanks Lads will crack on when it stopps snowing
could i trouble you for a couple more

st170 water pump pumps Right way or change it ????

st170 no need for petrol return normaly but as ive put on bike carbs should i add a return ??

the seats i have are fibre glass smooth front but the backs a bit ruff and unsightly how have you finished this neatly (just sprayed or is there a speacail paint )

is there a specific alternator belt to use or just any that fit

i have webber fuel filter and pump on a shelf next to the tank then to fse pressure regulator would i need to fit a second filter after the fse

thanks again

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.