Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Age related plate from an unregistered doner?
leew2

posted on 28/4/16 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Age related plate from an unregistered doner?

Bit of an odd one here, but I am intending on building a vehicle using parts mostly from another donor vehicle which has never been IVAed or registered (I.E. a car which was originally built as a track car). Just wondering if anyone has ever done anything like this before, and any way to get an age related plate, or an I destined for a 'Q' plate? If the parts have never been used on a registered vehicle, are they considered "new"?
Does anyone know what counts as new when it comes to number plates, if I have all the receipts for the parts used to construct the original vehicle then could I count it as new? Perhaps there is a time limit within which a part is considered "new", for example, If I was to build a car using all new parts, then take it to a few track days to test it out and tweak it before IVAing it (which I believe a few people do) , how long could I wait until it's no longer considered "new"?

Many thanks, lee.

snapper

posted on 28/4/16 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Age related plate well it's related to the donor, donor not registered, no age to relate to = Q
New plate needs just about everything new although you can have 1 reconditioned major part

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

sdh2903

posted on 28/4/16 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
The whole registration procedure is hit and miss anyway, ive seen cars get new plates using loads of old bits, Becs get age related when using multiple donors and people who genuinely used a single donor end up with a Q plate. Just go for a q plate and it will make emissions easier come MOT time.
SteveWalker

posted on 28/4/16 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, I used a single donor and ended up with a Q. I queried it and they said that they could look at it again, but it'd take 2 or 3 weeks. I just wanted to get on the road, so stuck with the Q. In hindsight, it was a good decision, as I'll never have to worry about emissions - even if I re-engine it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.