Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MSDroid for MegaJolt?
scudderfish

posted on 7/5/16 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
MSDroid for MegaJolt?

Irony planted a seed in my head that it may be possible to configure MSDroid (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.msdroid) to work with MegaJolt as well as MegaSquirt. However I don't have one to play with, which kind of puts a cramp on the initial work. What I'd be after is a bit of help with capturing the initial communications between the MJ and the configuration software. I need a volunteer with a working MegaJolt setup who has a grasp of serial comms (at least knows what RS-232 is ) and is comfortable with installing some extra software on their laptop. At this stage, this doesn't need an Android device, I just need an initial data dump.
There is a good chance this isn't going to work, and may be a waste of time, but if it does it should mean that MegaJolt users can dump their laptops and log/tweak via their mobile device.

Any takers? u2u me your email address.

Regards,
David

Irony

posted on 7/5/16 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Me. I can do it . I am a quick learner and I work with computers everyday.

Not sure there are many megajolt users on here but there are thousands over at the autosportlabs website. Also on landrover sites and classic mini forums.

[Edited on 7/5/16 by Irony]

scudderfish

posted on 7/5/16 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
You have email
RoadkillUK

posted on 8/5/16 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Here's something that my help you along the way ... MobileJolt

Also a discussion at AutoSportLabs along similar lines. I've already got my MJLJ soldered up for BT, but not had any connection success.

[Edited on 8/5/16 by RoadkillUK]

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RoadkillUK

posted on 13/5/16 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
OK, I've had 'some' success with connecting to bluetooth having bought a cheap Windows8.1 tablet and the desktop version of the software. As far as I can tell, it all works fine. I'll test a little more tomorrow.

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scudderfish

posted on 14/5/16 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
I'm using the simulator from MobileJolt to play with MSDroid. So far I've got it connecting, recognising that it's talking to a MJ, loading the page of globals and ignition map, and then looping reading the runtime vars. I've got gauges up for rpm and ignition advance and I'm logging the runtime vars to standard MSL files that can be read by MegaLogViewer or my online chart & map tool (http://scudderfish.github.io/MSDroidViewer/index.html) I need to get table display working and slog through the definition of the other data coming out of it, but progress is being made

Regards,
David

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.