Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sylva open day with possible track time
peter030371

posted on 17/5/16 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
Sylva open day with possible track time

David at Sylva is planning an open day at his factory for members of the JPSC club. If he gets enough interest (circa 20 cars) he can get preferential rates with Javelin Track Days for Friday 12th August at Mallory Park. After that he can have camping next to the Sylva unit at Mallory Park and if they have enough numbers on the Saturday he may even organise an autotest or similar in the car park.

He is very keen to do something and engage with the club and this is a great plan from him but in order to do this we, the members, need to respond

So it would be good to know of rough numbers of who would be interested so if you are interested then please reply to this post?

Its no commitment at this stage but just a rough idea of interest (this is also on the JPSC forum so please only reply to one list or I will get very confused).

theprisioner

posted on 17/5/16 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
I might be interested in this date looks good.

http://sylvabuild.blogspot.com/

http://austin7special.blogspot.co.uk/

jeffw

posted on 17/5/16 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
I'd certainly try and attend

rdodger

posted on 17/5/16 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Is this an Open Day or a meet of JPSCC?

Can anyone come and look at the cars?

jeffw

posted on 17/5/16 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
I assume the former

adithorp

posted on 17/5/16 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be up for that.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

HowardB

posted on 17/5/16 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Me too...

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

peter030371

posted on 17/5/16 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rdodger
Is this an Open Day or a meet of JPSCC?

Can anyone come and look at the cars?

A bit of both

ianminki

posted on 18/5/16 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
hi all
yes I would like to attend be nice to meet up with some of they other members

ravingfool

posted on 18/5/16 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
I would be interested but that may clash with holiday being organised at the moment.
cosmicicecreamman

posted on 18/5/16 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Too far for me I'm afraid, nearly 500miles each way. Would love to do a track day with other Sylva's.
jeffw

posted on 19/5/16 at 06:02 AM Reply With Quote
If you are 500miles away from Mallory I fear there is little chance of anything very much closer.

peter030371

posted on 19/5/16 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cosmicicecreamman
Too far for me I'm afraid, nearly 500miles each way. Would love to do a track day with other Sylva's.

Gulp....that is a long old road trip

Mallory is quite central for England and happens to be where Sylva are so its sort of a fixed location for an open day. If we could get enough interest within the JPSC for track days then its possible we could do a 'northern' day at somewhere like Croft (must be 150-200 miles closer to you) but we struggle to get enough interest in the club for these days at the moment

Loads of JPSC car owners out there still, loads still very interested in track days but getting us all together is hard work!

theprisioner

posted on 19/5/16 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
The Sylva only track day has been an ambition since building it, I am willing to make the 500mile trip at least once.

http://sylvabuild.blogspot.com/

http://austin7special.blogspot.co.uk/

loggyboy

posted on 19/5/16 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
Is the intention for the trackday be exclusive or just a tag on to a normal day?

Mistral Motorsport

cosmicicecreamman

posted on 19/5/16 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by peter030371
quote:
Originally posted by cosmicicecreamman

Gulp....that is a long old road trip

Mallory is quite central for England and happens to be where Sylva are so its sort of a fixed location for an open day. If we could get enough interest within the JPSC for track days then its possible we could do a 'northern' day at somewhere like Croft (must be 150-200 miles closer to you) but we struggle to get enough interest in the club for these days at the moment

Loads of JPSC car owners out there still, loads still very interested in track days but getting us all together is hard work!

It is a long way but I understand you can't arrange events around one person.

peter030371

posted on 19/5/16 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Is the intention for the trackday be exclusive or just a tag on to a normal day?

Its not a Sylva only track day, if only we had the numbers for that Javlin already have a date planned (see here) but will give us a discount on a block booking. Its an open pit lane day but that should be fine as you can all show the tin-tops how much quicker you are

Sylva are right next door so any mechanical issues I am sure will be dealt with by a hord of helpful Sylva owners! David also mentioned that he will make the toilet and shower in his unit available for any campers (as well as the space to camp and a possible BBQ).

nickm

posted on 19/5/16 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Hi
Would be up for this as a meet but maybe not the trackday in case the J15 isnt finished.

Thanks

Nick M

peter030371

posted on 27/5/16 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the interest.

I am trying to push this along a little more but my time is tight as always. I will be sending out a U2U to all those that have shown an interest with a few simple questions and try and get some contact details.

Anyone else interested? We are up to 13 so far which considering that 3 of the JPSC committee are away on that date is good going….however the more the merrier and you don’t need a car to come to the open day

If anyone is a member of any other forums that you think would reach a suitable JPSC type audience can you please point any interested parties my way and I will add them to the growing list

adithorp

posted on 15/7/16 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Bump and update on this...

From David at Sylva Sportscars

The track day can be booked via Javelin Track Days (I booked the J17 on today), the factory will be open for anybody who wants to unload their camping gear etc. Camping is available overnight next to the unit and then we have the open day on Saturday. If enough people wish to camp we will put on a BBQ on Friday night and look to put some entertainment on. I am planning a treasure hunt on the Saturday with some Sylva merchandise as a prize. Again we will look to do a BBQ on Saturday and there will be plenty of tea and coffee (essential car building sustenance) on tap all day.

Track day is £159 via Javelin
http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

CC Cyclone

posted on 15/7/16 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
I will come along to this. Am looking for a J15 / Vectis either fully built, part built etc and so would be good to have a look around.

Cheers.

gaz_gaz

posted on 15/7/16 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
My car is with David at Sylva having a complete bodge up put right. I'll be picking it up on the morning of the trackday. Never been to Mallory before so looking forward to it..
peter030371

posted on 15/7/16 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gaz_gaz
My car is with David at Sylva having a complete bodge up put right. I'll be picking it up on the morning of the trackday. Never been to Mallory before so looking forward to it..

Who bodged what? It looks good in the pictuers i have seen but obviously no details in a few little pictures

gaz_gaz

posted on 15/7/16 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
There is a kink/buckle in 1 of the tubes that hold the rear wishbone brackets.
To get around the kink the wishbone bracket has been extended. Can't believe I didn't see it sooner but it's no big deal.
I'm going to have the tube (s) replaced and the brackets reset.

All good fun and things could always be worse

[Edited on 15/7/16 by gaz_gaz]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.