Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Desperately Seeking Viento
Sterillium

posted on 19/5/16 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Desperately Seeking Viento

Hi all

I'm extremely keen to get into a kit car... Especially a V8 as I have a long history of enjoying TVRs.

I'm pretty sure my best chance at fitting in one is a Viento, as I'm 6'3" and with a 50 inch chest.

But they seem to be as rare as hen's teeth!

Anyone know of any for sale?

Irony

posted on 19/5/16 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
There not that rare and come up on eBay occasionally both in completed form and part built bargains. One was listed on eBay a couple of weeks back and the seller said that he'd seen good Vientos for sale at £15K . For that money you can have mine!!!!!! I think about 70-80 were produced but I am sure 30-40% of those are sitting in sheds as unfinished projects.
Sterillium

posted on 19/5/16 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
I can't believe I *just* missed one here too, I've only ever seen unfinished on eBay and although I'd love to build one I just don't have the time..!
Sterillium

posted on 19/5/16 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
There not that rare and come up on eBay occasionally both in completed form and part built bargains. One was listed on eBay a couple of weeks back and the seller said that he'd seen good Vientos for sale at £15K . For that money you can have mine!!!!!! I think about 70-80 were produced but I am sure 30-40% of those are sitting in sheds as unfinished projects.

Yours looks fantastic!

I found a DAX Rush V8 but I don't think I'd fit in it. &#9785;&#65039;

BigFaceDave

posted on 19/5/16 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Where abouts are you? I have one you could sit in to try for size. I've been toying with the idea of selling mine as I just don't have time but I kind of feel like it would be selling a leg or a kidney or my mother. But it's not finished so fortunately you won't be interested!
kenton

posted on 19/5/16 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Yes where are you? Your welcome to see if you fit in mine too, Pass rides available if you like.
Mines not for sale either, I do approx 9k hard miles a year and still love the way it drives.
Kenton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mejP1GIT5FA

Sterillium

posted on 20/5/16 at 06:46 AM Reply With Quote
Video link appears dead for me...?

Kind offers, both. Thank you.

Unfortunately I'm in the depths of Devon.

Are either of you chaps too big for other kit cars? Am I right in thinking the Viento has more room than others?

Irony

posted on 20/5/16 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
A am 6ft and I felt I was sitting on other cars rather than in them. I wanted a V8 so a Viento was a no brainer for me. There is lots of room. I don't even have the drivers seat all the way back! Friend of mine on here has a BMW Viento and he looms over me at about 6ft 4 and he fits in it.
Sterillium

posted on 20/5/16 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
This is very encouraging!

Now I just need to find one...

SteveWallace

posted on 20/5/16 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
A am 6ft and I felt I was sitting on other cars rather than in them. I wanted a V8 so a Viento was a no brainer for me. There is lots of room. I don't even have the drivers seat all the way back! Friend of mine on here has a BMW Viento and he looms over me at about 6ft 4 and he fits in it.

I'm not quite as tall as Irony says (maybe I was wearing heals the last time he saw me ). However I am around 6ft 3 in shoes and fairly broad.

I had a ride in a Robin Hood and Viento when I was deciding what to build and the Viento was a much better fit. I can drive the smaller kits, but it feels like I'm sitting on them rather than in them and my right elbow wouldn't stand a chance in any sort of accident. With a Viento you feel like your in the car. You can also get very silly with engine choices if you want.

Some of the purists turn their noses up at Viento's because they aren't as small as a Matchbox car, but each to their own.

Sterillium

posted on 20/5/16 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWallace
quote:

I'm not quite as tall as Irony says (maybe I was wearing heals the last time he saw me ). However I am around 6ft 3 in shoes and fairly broad.

I had a ride in a Robin Hood and Viento when I was deciding what to build and the Viento was a much better fit. I can drive the smaller kits, but it feels like I'm sitting on them rather than in them and my right elbow wouldn't stand a chance in any sort of accident. With a Viento you feel like your in the car. You can also get very silly with engine choices if you want.

Some of the purists turn their noses up at Viento's because they aren't as small as a Matchbox car, but each to their own.

You sound a similar size to me; I'm around 6'3" with a 50 inch chest, so it can be snug. I tried a wide-bodied Westfield and it felt like I was wearing the car... I thought if I stood up quickly it'd just stay stuck to me like an undersized patio chair.

I'm not remotely interested in purists, I think Vientos look stunning and I want a light, fast, silly toy.

If any ever reappear for sale that is!

jollygreengiant

posted on 21/5/16 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
I (unfortunately, had to) sold mine at the beginning of the year. But, as a size indicator I'm 6Ft 4in in stocking feet, 46in chest and was 24st but down to 18st now. I had NO problems. I went for the Viento due to size considerations and had sat in quite a few other make but most of the time I was on them rather than in them.

edit bit. I believe that you can still buy a "new"chassis from Luego. But, don't hold me to that as I've not checked in a while. Here you go http://www.luegosportscars.com/5.html

[Edited on 21/5/16 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

rusty nuts

posted on 21/5/16 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Clive you have u2u
jollygreengiant

posted on 21/5/16 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Clive you have u2u

Do you mean Clive or Clive?.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

David Jenkins

posted on 21/5/16 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
They are generous-sized - here's picture of a Viento alongside a Velocity, which is a 'normal-sized' seven.

Although they're big, they look right when apart their little brothers - their proportions are good. I know of one that was driven by an ex-member of this forum, and he was a BIG lad, but he had tons of room around him when he was driving. His had a Rover V8 in it, there was loads of room around the engine for maintenance, and it sounded lovely.

Sterillium

posted on 21/5/16 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
This is great news!

I'm sure I'll fit... Very pleased. Someone sell me a V8 quick, I've got the cash waiting.

rusty nuts

posted on 22/5/16 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Clive you have u2u

Do you mean Clive or Clive?.

I meant Clive!

gaz_gaz

posted on 22/5/16 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
has this been sold?

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/114803209/luego-viento-v8.html

jollygreengiant

posted on 22/5/16 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gaz_gaz
has this been sold?

Absolutely no idea at all. I would suggest you contact them to find out.

gaz_gaz

posted on 22/5/16 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
quote:
Originally posted by gaz_gaz
has this been sold?

Absolutely no idea at all. I would suggest you contact them to find out.

it was a question for the fella looking for a car.
more of a "have you seen this" kinda question in a round about way

Sterillium

posted on 22/5/16 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
The wording in that ad seems strange to me...

Something about it seems wrong - anyone here recognize the car?

I'm keen to buy a known quantity if possible.

Snuggs

posted on 23/5/16 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
I have one that I will be selling soon.

Looking for around £8k

It has a 4L Rover V8 with a unique injection system and a Megasquirt ecu.

U2U me if you are interested.

I am on holiday at the moment so may not get back to you quickly but there are quite a few people on this forum that know the car.

There are a couple of old photos in my archive but I will upload some more when I get home.

Clive

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/snuggstcb
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
I doubt therefore I may be.
Luposlipophobia : Fear of being chased by wolves around a freshly waxed kitchen floor, while wearing only socks on your feet.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
http://www.venganza.org
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
http://www.snuggs.co.uk

Sterillium

posted on 23/5/16 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
That looks great!

I wish I was closer - I'm many many miles away in darkest Devon.

I notice yours has a screen - are they easy to source / fit as I think I want one with a screen or I want to fit a screen to the one I get.

40inches

posted on 23/5/16 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sterillium
That looks great!

It's a car, train up, drive back down

Sterillium

posted on 23/5/16 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:
Originally posted by Sterillium
That looks great!

It's a car, train up, drive back down

Something I've done many many times.

But not ideal for viewings prior to buying.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.