Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Minari Kit Car Project for sale
computid

posted on 19/5/16 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Minari Kit Car Project for sale

It is with great sadness that I put up for sale my Minari Road Sport Mk2 project. I bought this car several years ago from the original builder. I had several summers of fun in it before some backfiring petrol came out of one of the carbs when I was starting it up after a while of not running. Luckily I had the filter tops off and managed to put out the fire, but in doing so filled the carburettor with fire extinguisher powder.

At the time the car was in my workshop, which meant it sat there for a while with nothing being done to it (I have several other vehicles which took precedent). Around a year ago I acquired some other stuff and this car got moved onto my driveway at home "temporarily". It's been there a year now and my plans have changed which means that I don't have time to do any work on it. I have 2 others of these cars which I have prioritized (one is an RSR racing model and the other is completely stripped for restoration) and so I have decided to move this on to somebody who has the time to do the work on it and enjoy it.

For those not familiar with these cars, they're very cool. They've got a completely GRP (fibreglass) monocoque shell construction (meaning no rust!) which makes for a very stiff chassis meaning these handle incredibly well. The engine is supported by a specially designed steel subframe bolted to the front bulkhead of the chassis via several spreader plates and laid in supports.

The engine and running gear is taken from either an Alfa Sud or an Alfa 33 (in this case a 1.5 twin carb Alfa Sud), this along with the front cross member from the donor is pretty much dropped straight into the subframe. The steering rack, rear axle, hubs, suspension etc. is all taken from the donor as well. The front lights are Mazda MX3 and the rear lights are Mazda 121 saloon.

This car comes pretty much as shown, I do have some carpets for the interior but they're not in very good condition and the ones in the car have some algae or something growing on them so could definitely do with being replaced. Parts for this car are still available from Paul Featherstone-Harvey at Peninsula Sportscars (http://www.peninsulasportscars.co.uk/) so it would be easy to obtain another set of carpets.

Overall, this car wouldn't be too difficult to get back on the road if aesthetics didn't bother you. A strip and clean of the carbs, some new gaskets, a new set of cam belts, new plugs, an oil change and a brake refurbish would probably sort it. Maybe some new shocks. If you wanted to go the whole hulk they're not very difficult to strip down to get sprayed etc. Most parts are still easily available at quite reasonable prices.

This car has a unique folding roof, most Minari's have a removable soft top roof with a GRP frame. The roof on this car is from an MG TF, however it isn't a perfect fit and as such some water has gotten into the inside of the car. This obviously hasn't caused any rust being that the car is fibreglass but it does mean that the interior has some moss etc. in it. I have always tried to drain the water on a regular basis.

There is a very active owners club of which I am a member who are always ready to provide help and advice where required.

I have the V5 for the car in my name and will provide a full receipt. The car will roll, but the brakes are binding a tad. You can push the car singlehandedly. YOU WILL NEED A TRAILER TO COLLECT THE CAR. My driveway is also a slight upward slope so it would be better if you had a winch on the trailer. I do have a trailer so could deliver locally for fuel cost if required. Delivering further afield is possible but would be subject to negotiation. I am located in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire. Please also note that the car has no seats.

If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call on 07572448748 and I'll do my best to answer them.

I'm after £500 - Make me an offer!

This is how it currently sits:

And this is how it used to look

[Edited on 19/5/16 by computid]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

rayward

posted on 19/5/16 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
i may have missed it , but is there a price in the ad ?
computid

posted on 19/5/16 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rayward
i may have missed it , but is there a price in the ad ?

Whoops! Well spotted, thanks!

SJ

posted on 23/5/16 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
That's so tempting! I've fancied a Minari for ages, being a previous owner of several 'suds.

Stu

computid

posted on 23/5/16 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
SOLD

swanny

posted on 23/5/16 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
do they have a rover 200 front grill?
computid

posted on 23/5/16 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by swanny
do they have a rover 200 front grill?

No, it's a single piece of GRP. Also, the rover 200 grill has downward bits, this doesn't.

swanny

posted on 23/5/16 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
so it does. thanks, just looked familiar!

paul

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.