Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pinto running temperature
Mash

posted on 8/6/16 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
Pinto running temperature

What do yours normally run at guys?

Took mine for a first drive since I got it last night to check for problems, and it was running really hot 90 plus, although I didn't turn the fan on to start with and it was really hot here yesterday evening.

Just wondering..........

nick205

posted on 8/6/16 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
From memory my 2.0 Pinto ran about 88-90 degrees C and a little hotter in traffic - although the fan kicked in and kept it under control.

Mash

posted on 8/6/16 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Nick, this would probably be around there I think, but previous owner didn't have fan set to kick in automatically, and I forgot until it was quite high. It did drop just below 90 once I flicked the fan on, so it's OK then.

Something else I will have to sort out

nick205

posted on 8/6/16 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
Again working from memory, as I no longer have the car, but I had a sensor in the rad to control the fan on/off so it came on when the temperature rose. In motion it never seemed to come on, but moving slowly in traffic it did come on.

Mash

posted on 8/6/16 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
It may be that I have a sensor in there, haven't got to the front end yet.....at the moment I'm relying on the gauge and me turning it on

Might have a look at it this afternoon....

Some of the wiring is really strange as well, plus the sierra stalks are pretty much fubarred. I've done indicator and hazard switches, but I'm still relying on the stalks for everything else. Will get around to it eventually....want to get rid of all of it and have toggle switches and a lighting switch instead.

benchmark51

posted on 8/6/16 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
My pinto has a fan switch in an alloy connector in the top hose. Fan turns on at 95 and off at 90. I did worry that this was a tad high but it seems fine at that.
richwill

posted on 8/6/16 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Mine runs at 88-92 so i would say yours is about right.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.