Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Halfords industrial toolboxes
sdh2903

posted on 23/6/16 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
Halfords industrial toolboxes

Just a heads up for anyone looking for a new tool chest the halfords industrial top box and roll cab is on offer at present for less than half price. The kids and Mrs bought me one for father's day and am very happy with it, very good quality.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?storeId=10001&productId=1096747&srch=ind_chestcabinet&category Id=255214&langId=-1&cm_re=mobile+slides-_-slide+1-_-bundle299

nick205

posted on 23/6/16 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
They look good to me. I bought a roll cab a couple of years ago and it made a big difference to tidiness in my garage. Nice place for the top box to sit as well.

bi22le

posted on 23/6/16 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
That is the cheapest i habe ever seen them.

Some thing for potential buyers to consider. I actually sacrificed the quality of the industrial boxes for the more convenient drawer size and layout of the professional boxes.

They are deeper on the lower roller cab and have nice little pen / drill / small tool drawers on the top box.

Also did everyone know that if you have the large pro tool sets you can remove the hinge pins and the seperate holders fit the drawers perfectly.

Good design again by Halfords

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Bluemoon

posted on 23/6/16 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Recommend the Pro ones also, industrial is better made but more shallow draws so depends on what you need... ~£150 on offer with top-box last christmass.

[Edited on 23/6/16 by Bluemoon]

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 24/6/16 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
I picked up the middle box a couple of weeks ago for £100 delivered to complete my stack. I have now had the roll cab for 10 years and the top chest for 8 years and they are both still tip top condition.
I'm particularly impressed with the drawer runners, the drawers in the top chest have been in and out dowzens of times to move the chest to go racing and they are still perfect.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
sdh2903

posted on 24/6/16 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
Am already on the hunt for a middle box to complete the set! Need to wait for another offer as I ain't paying 200 for one.
loggyboy

posted on 24/6/16 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
The £299 offer is fairly common to be honest. It comes up every few months.

Mistral Motorsport

trextr7monkey

posted on 24/6/16 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
Am already on the hunt for a middle box to complete the set! Need to wait for another offer as I ain't paying 200 for one.

Price of middle box is out of all proportion - you would be as well to buy another full set and get loads more storage which is what I have done, Unless you are really tall it is awkward getting into top drawers with middle box fitted.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

sdh2903

posted on 24/6/16 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trextr7monkey
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903

Price of middle box is out of all proportion - you would be as well to buy another full set and get loads more storage which is what I have done, Unless you are really tall it is awkward getting into top drawers with middle box fitted.

You're right it's way out of proportion, however it routinely comes up at half price and I get a further 10% off with work so 90 quid I can live with. I'm 6ft4 so the extra height will be fine. I'm trying to tidy the garage up and consolidating into one toolbox, which I've just about managed but an extra 3 drawers would be welcome.

coozer

posted on 25/6/16 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Can I use my trade card to get it cheaper? Been in the shop today and they are not cheap!

Take this is an online offer only???

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

sdh2903

posted on 25/6/16 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
No. Trade card will not get any discount. I reserved mine online and collected an hour later.
coozer

posted on 26/6/16 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
I've bought it click and collect and don't have to pay until I pick it up. Going to see if they will take my trade card on it....

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

stevebubs

posted on 27/6/16 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
trade card price will probably be higher - previously I've been told you either get the trade discount or the retail discount.... when these offers are on, they're below the trade price.

If you do ask, however, I'd like to know the trade price for a middle box...

[Edited on 27/6/16 by stevebubs]

mcerd1

posted on 27/6/16 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
^^ you can often combine these offers with the online flash sales / online discounts codes they e-mail you and still select the 'click and collect' option too

I got the full set of 3 pro boxes for £225 this way - not quite as nice as the industrial ones, but plenty good enough for me

I believe you don't normally get the trade card discount as well (still doesn't hurt to ask...)

as above these offers seem to come round in one form or another every few months, so if the above offer isn't exactly what you want then it could be worth waiting for the next one.... (of course there is no guarantee what will be on the next offer...)

]

[Edited on 27/6/2016 by mcerd1]

-

stevebubs

posted on 30/6/16 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
BTW the Middle Industrial box is now down to £100 for click and collect...
sdh2903

posted on 30/6/16 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs
BTW the Middle Industrial box is now down to £100 for click and collect...

Cheers for the heads up. Will pick one up next week.

coozer

posted on 30/6/16 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Picked it up yterday and presented my trade card, with a smile the guy said no mate, not valid on web sales, you've already saved £404.99 on the rrp!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

sdh2903

posted on 30/6/16 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
You don't ask you don't get
trextr7monkey

posted on 30/6/16 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Picked it up yterday and presented my trade card, with a smile the guy said no mate, not valid on web sales, you've already saved £404.99 on the rrp!

LOL. Done that too!
Just logged on to the Trade Section of site which I haven't been into previously and it looks like the special deals are effectively Trade prices to everyone and the range of products getting discount seems to have widened slightly to include polishes etc

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

nick205

posted on 1/7/16 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer

IMHO there's no harm in asking is there - you never know!

coozer

posted on 1/7/16 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Correcto!!!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

bodger

posted on 2/7/16 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
I've had one for nearly 10 years now. Lot's of abuse & no problems whatsoever. Great bit of kit
coozer

posted on 2/7/16 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Been putting all my tools and the drawer's are crap, some locked, some dont, have to lift the lid to open some, some don't lock... And, they not deep enough....

Good job they were cheap!! Will be OK for me...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Bluemoon

posted on 2/7/16 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Pro ones are deeper. Check you don't have a Friday box... Had to take my pro topbox back due to the locking mechanism welds were never made correctly , halfords exchange with out hassle..
coozer

posted on 3/7/16 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
Doh! You cant make it up....

https://www.aldi.co.uk/grey-black-metal-tool-cabinet/p/093380070443901

[Edited on 3/7/16 by coozer]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.