Author: Subject: Brexit
BenB

posted on 24/6/16 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Time for a bit of Pink Floyd:

Tell me true, tell me why, was Jesus crucified 
Is it for this that Daddy died? 
Was it for you? Was it me? 
Did I watch too much T.V.? 
Is that a hint of accusation in your eyes? 
If it wasn't for the nips 
Being so good at building ships 
The yards would still be open on the clyde. 
And it can't be much fun for them 
Beneath the rising sun 
With all their kids committing suicide. 
What have we done, Maggie what have we done? 
What have we done to England? 
Should we shout, should we scream 
"What happened to the post war dream?" 
Oh Maggie, Maggie. What have we done?

coozer

posted on 24/6/16 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gregs
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
I'm overjoyed here, up all night in the truck listening to it unfold...

And I'm quite chuffed to see the power of the Sunderland people crashing the pound when the declaration was revealed

Glad I bought 3000 euros in Jan when they were 1.40...

However I do not see any problems as we go forward, currency will recover and stock markets will recover to go on making millions for the elite...

Only thing I worry about now is WHO can guide us in the right direction....

But I thought you wanted to retire in Spain?

Yep, want to go to Tenerife myself but wor lass doesn't want to go and leave our loverly grand bairn

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

coozer

posted on 24/6/16 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
And, forgot to say still got 15 years before I retire!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

britishtrident

posted on 24/6/16 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
A lot of voters didn't realise the consequences of an out vote, they looked on it as a token protest vote. In Scotland because we had just been through an equally important referendum people were more cautious with their vote.
I am also sad to report that a proportion of out vote came from old xenophobic codgers who view anyone from continental Europe as a bounder.

In Scotland the tactics of the out crowd and the unacceptable side of English nationalism has hardened support for leaving the UK. In the previous Scottish referendum the leave the UK side had a greater support from men than women, what I have noticed a number of older females who previously voted to remain in the UK have changed sides.
The sad fact is Scotland is now very likely to leave the UK, the EU is very bady damaged which will do no good to anyone, it plays into the hands of Putin and Trump and the bigest political parties in the UK are both in civil war

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

hearbear

posted on 24/6/16 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident

Next on the cards Scotland will break with the UK.

I would place a big bet on that. Surprised we haven't heard from the fishy duo yet

[Edited on 24/6/16 by sdh2903]

I see the puppet master Alex was the first to gob off closely followed by the wee krankie with Alex hand rammed up here *rse putting his words in her mouth, what the two muppets forgot was they lost the independence vote and we chose to stay as the UK. Are they going to try and say that every time a vote goes the opposite from the way they want, it will be turned round that there is a big shift and we need another once in a lifetime referendum.

3.9Ltr SSC Stylus should be fun

Steve126

posted on 25/6/16 at 01:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz

This just shows what a bloody idiot Susanna Reid is. She doesn't seem to understand that we have just had a referendum not a general election. Nobody voted for an individual, a party or an alternative government and the vote going the way you wanted doesn't put you in charge.

Farage didn't promise to spend £350million per week on the NHS and as he isn't in government (he isn't even an MP) he has no more control over the NHS budget than she does.

What makes it even more depressing is that most of the people who have commented on this on YouTube seem to be every bit as stupid as Susanna Reid is.

woodster

posted on 25/6/16 at 06:04 AM Reply With Quote
She is fit though
JoelP

posted on 25/6/16 at 06:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rdodger
quote:
Originally posted by Texan
I've been following closely. So tell this Texan what was THE issue that you think caused you guys to exit?

THE issue for me is that the EU is run by a group of faceless unelected Eurocrats. As bad as one may think our politicians are at least they are democratically elected.

Closely followed by bonkers EU laws regarding straight bananas, cucumbers, etc!

This, in my opinion, nicely sum up what went wrong. Diabolical misinformation. We elect meps, and national governments select the Comissioners. That is no lessdemocratic than our own system. We didn't vote for who would be Chancellor, for instance.

The banana and cucumber issue didn't happen- it was tabloid propaganda.

Basically, we've been dragged out largely by an uneducated, economically illiterate rabble.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

sdh2903

posted on 25/6/16 at 06:38 AM Reply With Quote
The leave campaign used a very prominent poster claiming that the 350 Mil a week saved from EU contributions would go to the NHS. So I think she has every right to ask the question.

[Edited on 25/6/16 by sdh2903]

Bluemoon

posted on 25/6/16 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
quote:
Originally posted by rdodger
quote:
I've been following closely. So tell this Texan what was THE issue that you think caused you guys to exit?

THE issue for me is that the EU is run by a group of faceless unelected Eurocrats. As bad as one may think our politicians are at least they are democratically elected.

Closely followed by bonkers EU laws regarding straight bananas, cucumbers, etc!

This, in my opinion, nicely sum up what went wrong. Diabolical misinformation. We elect meps, and national governments select the Comissioners. That is no lessdemocratic than our own system. We didn't vote for who would be Chancellor, for instance.

The banana and cucumber issue didn't happen- it was tabloid propaganda.

Basically, we've been dragged out largely by an uneducated, economically illiterate rabble.

That's part of the problem lake of engagement of the political class with real people, and to much sensational talk and little in the way of positive messages...

Neville Jones

posted on 25/6/16 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
Regardless of what the result is/was, the big money people would make it work.

Money makes the world go around and function.

Money runs the world, and those with the larger amounts dictate how governments operate. (via IMF and World Bank, among others)

This 'out' is a saving grace for the UK, because the EU is about to come apart. Maybe not next year, but in the next 10 years, and not because of what just happened.

I am the biggest advocate for a group of free trading nations without restrictions, just like the UK peoples were sold in the original 'IN' vote but the increasing and engrossing political web of control is an evil that none of us needs. EU Health and Safety rules have shut every scrap yard as a pick yourself parts source, within easy drive of where I live.

And IVA was necessary, to rid the kit industry of the dross that was building at the time.

Cheers,
Nev.

[Edited on 25/6/16 by Neville Jones]

coyoteboy

posted on 25/6/16 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
To me it's a sign that maybe the sheeple of the world might be ready to exert some common sense and begin to take back their countries.

Afraid not. It's a sign that most people don't understand the full gamut of consequences, like a bit of chest beating and then come to regret it.

The media ran personalized campaigns that suited then as a business, the sheeple thought this was largely fact and ran with whatever paper they usually buy, very few people put across an independent accurate assessment of anything so it was all down to fear and patriotism, the key factors in every single bad decision ever made by countries.

We will be fine, we are big enough to deal with the massive economic dent in our already dented economy. But if anyone thinks the country will repeal existing laws or generate better ones, I think they are in for a shock.I only hope we DO make use of some of the positives.

sdh2903

posted on 25/6/16 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
Looks like a lot people aren't happy with the result.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

I've signed it but I fear the damage is already done.

scootz

posted on 25/6/16 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve126
quote:
Originally posted by scootz

This just shows what a bloody idiot Susanna Reid is. She doesn't seem to understand that we have just had a referendum not a general election. Nobody voted for an individual, a party or an alternative government and the vote going the way you wanted doesn't put you in charge.

Farage didn't promise to spend £350million per week on the NHS and as he isn't in government (he isn't even an MP) he has no more control over the NHS budget than she does.

What makes it even more depressing is that most of the people who have commented on this on YouTube seem to be every bit as stupid as Susanna Reid is.

Easy tiger!

Although not an official member of the Leave campaign team, Farage was still one of the most prominent Brexit drummer-boys. Reid has EVERY right to discuss the (frankly ridiculous) poster campaign that was run by his allies. Look at it...

Are you telling me that the gullible - and there are feckin millions of them - wouldn't have been influenced somewhat by such a poster!?

And he doesn't need to be a MP, a Govt minister, or an NHS manager to be qualified to say during interview that it was complete and utter bullshit.

It's Evolution Baby!

woodster

posted on 25/6/16 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
I really can't see a problem after all we buy more from them than they do from us , as said before its about big business they won't be to hard on us they have more to lose ................... at the end of the day i'd take a financial knock for more control of our finances we were never going in the euro ... what they've done to Greece is criminal, i voted partly as a kick back at the Germans.
SteveWallace

posted on 25/6/16 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by woodster
I really can't see a problem after all we buy more from them than they do from us

The most important thing for Brussels now is to ensure that the whole of the EU doesn't collapse. The only way that they can do that is to show that it hurts to leave and therefore discourage others from doing the same. There will be EU members that have high levels of trade with us who will want trading to remain almost as it is now, but don't forget that any one of the remaining 27 can veto a deal that they don't like.

If they want to get really nasty they will publically say that they will welcome Scotland with open arms on good terms and without them having to join the Euro.

Oddly, a consequence of us leaving is that it might be a wakeup call for those that remain to change the EU into something that we wouldn't have wanted to leave in the first place! But it will be too late for us by then.

Cubby

posted on 25/6/16 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
Help get EU referendum II

SteveWallace

posted on 25/6/16 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Looks like a lot people aren't happy with the result.

I've signed it but I fear the damage is already done.

I will eat Gary Lineker's pants after he's finished with them on Match of the Day if that works

No way that we will have a second bite at this, there would be rioting on the streets.

scootz

posted on 25/6/16 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cubby

To have any credible basis for EU Ref II, then you'd need to show that there was campaign / voting fraud, or there's been significant material change in the UK's circumstances since the vote.

It's Evolution Baby!

MikeRJ

posted on 25/6/16 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cubby

"I didn't like the result so I want another go at it".

This is pathetic and makes a mockery of the democratic process. Imagine if this was put in place every time there was an election and some people didn't like the result.

I want to start a petition to demand that anyone demanding another referendum be deported to Brussels.

Steve126

posted on 25/6/16 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
The leave campaign used a very prominent poster claiming that the 350 Mil a week saved from EU contributions would go to the NHS. So I think she has every right to ask the question.

[Edited on 25/6/16 by sdh2903]

I would agree with you if she had been interviewing Michael Gove or Boris because that poster was from Vote Leave of which they were prominent members. Also, they are both part of the party that is in government and seen as candidates for Prime Minister or PM Boris and Chancellor Gove, so they will be able to influence, maybe even have total control over how the money is spent.

Farage isn't part of Vote Leave so the claim about NHS spending wasn't made by him and as he isn't part of the party that is in government he has no more control over the nations finances than you or me.

Susanna Reid should know all of this if she is going to do political interviews, or maybe she did know and was more interested in trying to make a politician look bad than the truth.

femster87

posted on 25/6/16 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by woodster
I really can't see a problem after all we buy more from them than they do from us , as said before its about big business they won't be to hard on us they have more to lose ................... at the end of the day i'd take a financial knock for more control of our finances we were never going in the euro ... what they've done to Greece is criminal, i voted partly as a kick back at the Germans.

This statement has made me laugh all through the campaign. When we all sanctioned Russia last year. All the deals they had with the EU has either been substituted with other suppliers from elsewhere or homegrown startups have filled the void. They will be fine if they do not want to trade with us.

Also we would be fine when we find other markets to supply into

steve m

posted on 25/6/16 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
^^^ +1

I didn't like the result of the FA cup final this year, as the referee was a cheat,

can we have it played again with another Ref ?

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

sdh2903

posted on 25/6/16 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
^^^ +1

I didn't like the result of the FA cup final this year, as the referee was a cheat,

Its completely different the whole leave campaign has been based on false bullshit promises. They didn't even get to 2 hours after the declaration before they started back pedalling on their promises.

People have in some cases based their vote on said bullshit promises and now starting to realise that and are feeling a little bit stupid.

Most of the ignorant people who voted out were basing their vote on stopping immigration. 5 mins googling would show that to keep in the European trade area (vital) we have to accept free movement of Europeans into the UK. So what's different? Nothing.

I'm ashamed of the way this whole load of crap has been run. Bickering pathetic children. Give us facts to make an opinion on. Instead no we get Boris vs Dave in a rerun of Eton school bollocks.

The country was getting back on its feet. Manufacture and engineering on the up, several R and D institutions with world class facilities (funded by the EU) austerity starting to get a grip of our finances and now it's all in jeopardy. The pound is down, our credit rating is under threat and most of the ftse 100 lost its arse. The company I work for lost nearly 30% of its value overnight.!!

Rant over, I'm done with politics

scootz

posted on 25/6/16 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
^^^ +1

Its completely different the whole leave campaign has been based on false bullshit promises. They didn't even get to 2 hours after the declaration before they started back pedalling on their promises.

It wasn't a general election, so no one was in a position to make any promises. They could only give opinions and make suggestions about the way forward if we stayed / left the EU.

Some of these suggestions / opinions were deliberately fanciful, i.e. the implication given in the poster that the NHS could get all the money that we currently pay to the EU. The 'Leave' team targeted the imagination of a specific part of the population with that poster - the less well informed, and the downright ignorant. If anyone bought that overly-simplistic suggestion and allowed it to influence their vote, then they were a complete and utter dangerous fool.

I was firmly in the 'remain' camp, but I concede that there were many valid arguments put forward by the sensible 'leave' supporters. I have absolutely no hard-feelings towards them whatsoever. Sadly, I suspect that it was the bigoted Alf Garnet types who normally don't go anywhere near a polling station that made the difference yesterday though. They were hungry for the nonsense propaganda that those pair of clowns (Boris and Gove) fed them... and boy did they feast on it.

It's Evolution Baby!

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.